PDA

View Full Version : Ryobi BS-360NR Advice

Joe Reardon
03-26-2020, 9:12 AM
Hello all,

I am new to bandsaws and relatively new to woodworking in general. I was going to pick up a used jointer for myself and a tablesaw for my father and the seller and I couldn't agree on a cash price so he threw in this bandsaw which ended up costing me about $100. I have not been able to find many parts for this bandsaw, or even much information/literature on it. I have previously seen a few forum posts on the saw and have tracked down one stellite tipped blade manufacturer, but the blade costs more than I paid for the saw.

So my question is- Does anyone have any experience with these saws where they might be able to help share a little information to give me a head start? Any known aftermarket parts that fit/can be modified to fit this saw with success (cool blocks, fences, quick release tensioners)? Has anyone used smaller than a 3" blade and if so were there any must do modifications to make this work? Any copies of a manual out there that I could potentially borrow to scan and return?

The more I have been tinkering with the saw and more research I have been doing has been giving results, but assurance through others experience's an mistakes is always nice to have as well.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Joe