PDA

View Full Version : Good Timing

Tom Bender
03-24-2020, 8:24 AM
My wife likes to cook and is good at it. We just finished a full kitchen remodel. I'm eating like a king!

Lee Schierer
03-24-2020, 12:14 PM
My wife likes to cook and is good at it. We just finished a full kitchen remodel. I'm eating like a king!

Without photos, it didn't happen....:D

Jim Becker
03-24-2020, 12:54 PM
Without photos, it didn't happen....:D

True dat!!!!

Tom Bender
03-24-2020, 7:55 PM
Pics of the kitchen but the food has been eaten

New flooring, cabinets, countertops and paint

Contracted all but the paint

Cost was as much as a new car, a nice one.

Jon Grider
03-24-2020, 8:05 PM
Very nice, polygon tiles are cool.

John K Jordan
03-24-2020, 10:30 PM

Same thing happened to me - my Lovely Bride is the best cook in the south east (according to me) but kicked into high gear with a kitchen rebuild. I've been saying "We eat like kings!" at every meal, ever since our strip-to-the-floor complete kitchen remodel when we bought this place in 2003. (She tells me I don't get out much but she's just being modest.)

Your kitchen looks fantastic! I love the color scheme.

Since Lee has decreed it doesn't happen without pictures, I guess our rebuild only partially happened because I only have an in-progress picture, and that of just one side.

JKJ

Tom Bender
03-25-2020, 6:45 AM
John
I love all the windows,,but I think your refrigerator has mange

John K Jordan
03-25-2020, 7:59 AM
John

Ha! So does the oven. Both recovered.

The windows are something she really likes. But have a little sympathy - we are forced to look out over a 5-acre field and woods and watch the horses, deer, hawks, and such.

I hired an 80-year-old cabinet maker to build the cabinets (hickory) but I did the installation, framing, welding, wiring, and such, everything except the counter tops (she wanted granite). If you want a challenge, install new lighting in a timber frame house without hollow walls or ceilings.

My son recently remodeled and painted his existing cabinets. His color scheme is almost identical to yours. I'll have to show him your pictures.

Jim Becker
03-25-2020, 9:37 AM
John
ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!

I just discovered there was a film all over our new fridge two months after we bought it....but it was clear and nearly invisible.