PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Edge

lowell holmes
03-20-2020, 12:27 PM
Do any of you use it? Is it better than Chrome? I am an old dog and do not like change.
Just curious. If you did change, did you have issues to deal with?

Frank Drackman
03-20-2020, 12:59 PM
I use it without any issues. I'm a retired Microsoft guy so I am biased.

Anuj Prateek
03-20-2020, 2:49 PM
Do any of you use it? Is it better than Chrome? I am an old dog and do not like change.
Just curious. If you did change, did you have issues to deal with?

I normally use Firefox and Chrome. Both work better than IE or Edge.

I prefer Firefox on desktop/laptop and Chrome on phone.

In my experience, both Firefox and Chrome are faster, render more accurately, crash less, support more standards and overall are more polished compared to Edge.

I don't know why MS still makes IE and Edge. Probably, fear of losing Bing Business.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2020, 2:59 PM
I use both IE and Edge. I have no problems with either one.

lowell holmes
03-20-2020, 7:29 PM
Is there any reason to go to Edge?

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2020, 7:40 PM
IIRC, IE isn't supported or isn't going to be supported much longer. My current computer delivered with IE and then it upgraded to Edge. I have both and have used both interchangeably with no issues.

Lee DeRaud
03-20-2020, 8:12 PM
I don't know why MS still makes IE and Edge. Probably, fear of losing Bing Business.I tried it when I got my Surface Book back in '16. It earned a solid "meh"...all things considered I liked IE11 better.

Its worst feature was a tendency to "forget" that Google was my default search engine and switching back to Bing.

Jim Becker
03-20-2020, 8:28 PM
The "original" Edge was a different animal than the later version recently developed on the Chromium code core. I have not used it, however. I use Chrome and MacOS primarily, but when I use Windows, I still use Chrome since my settings and logins remain effective across platforms and I'm not interested in changing systems.

John E. Hobart
03-20-2020, 10:23 PM
Edge and my investment companies web sight do not play well together:o

Anuj Prateek
03-21-2020, 12:03 AM
still use Chrome since my settings and logins remain effective across platforms and I'm not interested in changing systems.

That's one reason why I use Chrome on phone and home laptop.

On work laptop I use Firefox, to avoid just in case capturing of internal (work) website history in chrome.

Jim Becker
03-21-2020, 9:25 AM
That's one reason why I use Chrome on phone and home laptop.

On work laptop I use Firefox, to avoid just in case capturing of internal (work) website history in chrome.

Yes, the same setup across multiple devices and operating systems. Other major browsers also offer this, but I'd need a really, really good reason to switch to a whole different system...

Mark Daily
03-21-2020, 12:59 PM
Is there any reason to go to Edge?
No. No noticeable benefit to switching.