PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt DWP611PK (Trim Router) Question

Mike Henderson
03-19-2020, 11:03 PM
I have a MicroFence setup and have the adapter for the Dewalt 611 plunge base (see pictures). However, I'm having problems figuring out the screw size to use to hold the adapter in the plunge base.

The screw socket next to the slots for the edge guide rods (on the right side of the pictures) takes a metric 6-1mm so I assume the threads for the edge guide are metric. The screw socket for the edge guide is smaller than the 6-1mm so I tried 5-.8mm but it won't screw down. The size (diameter) fits but it feels like the threads are not a match. I don't want to force the screws unless I know what the threads are. If they're 5-.8mm I can just force screws of that size down.

Has anyone used those screw sockets? And if so, what size and threads are they?

Mike

Curt Harms
03-20-2020, 8:22 AM
Mix of metric & SAE?

Mike Henderson
03-20-2020, 10:11 AM
I sent an email to Rich Wedler at MicroFence and he replied this morning. He reports that it's a mix of metric and SAE. The sockets I was asking about he reports are 12-24. The others are 6-1mm. Sure fooled me. I figured they'd stick with one type of threads.

I'll try a 12-24 in the unit this morning.

Mike

[I got some 12-24 screws and they fit fine. It was a bit difficult to find 12-24 screws at Home Depot. They jump from #10 screws to 1/4", skipping #12 generally. I found some but they are not ideal.]