PDA

View Full Version : Baltic Birch Purchase

Jim Good
03-18-2020, 11:27 PM
Where is everyone getting their baltic birch? Ordering online or finding it local? I'd like to buy full sheets and get someone local to cut it (12x24" - 3mm). I believe I found a local cabinet maker that will do it for me but wanted to see if there were other choices. Thanks!

Jim

Bert Kemp
03-19-2020, 2:03 AM
I get mine from Woodworkers Source its local for me but they sell online.

roger wiegand
03-19-2020, 7:41 AM
Local hardwood lumber places-- Boulter Plywood has just about anything you might like and ship anywhere. Also get it from Anderson McQuaid or Highland Hardwoods in NH if I happen to be there for other materials. If you're there any of them will cut it for you, don't know about for shipping.

Jim Good
03-19-2020, 10:00 AM
Thanks everyone. I have a local cabinet maker that quoted me a price that I can match online (including shipping). If that's the case I wanted to see what other options are out there! He is willing to cut it for me if I supply the sheets. That may be the best route depending on what he charges me. Thanks again!

Jim Good
03-19-2020, 10:03 AM
One last thing. I've been away for awhile and I used to buy my sheets from Michael Kowalski. I see he hasn't been on the forum since about 2016. I'm afraid to ask but can someone tell me if he is still around?

Mike Null
03-19-2020, 12:17 PM
Jim

Long time, no see. Welcome back.

Sorry to advise that Mike passed away several years ago.

Jim Good
03-19-2020, 6:23 PM
Mike, it's good to be back! I see a lot of familiar folks and especially good to hear from you, too. Concerning Mike Kowalski, I was afraid that may have been the case. That is why I was afraid to ask. I hate that. I bought my wood from him and we've talked a few times. Thanks for giving me the update.

David Takes
03-20-2020, 10:28 AM
Jim, It's great to see you are still around. I'm not as active here, but I do pop in occasionally to soak up some of the great wisdom that is shared here.

Rich Harman
03-20-2020, 3:06 PM
I get mine from Edensaw in Port Townsend. They used to post their prices online but it seems they have changed that practice. Free delivery for orders of $400 or more to the Seattle area, Alabama is going to be outside their service area.

Howard Garner
03-20-2020, 8:03 PM
I get mine from Aircraft Spruce in Peachtree City just south of Atlanta GA.
They will ship or you can do a Saturday pickup
They are on the web

Howard Garner
Pickens SC

Mike Null
03-21-2020, 4:05 PM
try this: https://www.amazon.com/3MM-Baltic-Birch-Plywood-Engraving/dp/B07CJY7JK5

Jim Good
03-23-2020, 2:40 PM
Jim, It's great to see you are still around. I'm not as active here, but I do pop in occasionally to soak up some of the great wisdom that is shared here.

It's great to see you are still hanging out over here! I bet you are still doing great things! I have to catch up on what everyone is doing. Great to hear from you.

Jim

Jim Good
03-23-2020, 2:42 PM
I get mine from Aircraft Spruce in Peachtree City just south of Atlanta GA.
They will ship or you can do a Saturday pickup
They are on the web

Howard Garner
Pickens SC

Howard, that sounds interesting. I'll inquire. That's not too far from me. Chattanooga can also supply it so I need to get some prices. My local guy will cut it but I need him to give me a cost. It might be more than what the lumber company will charge. Thanks for your help!

Jim