PDA

View Full Version : Oak Dove

Marvin Keys
07-09-2003, 10:35 PM
A friend of mine recently returned from living in Japan for a year and asked me if I could make a Dove for her. The attached picture is the result of that request. Apparently she wanted to give something to the church that she was working for when she was there. I never thought my work would go international. LOL. Anyway it was my first try at any kind of design. It is not perfect, but for a freehand drawing cut with a jigsaw and then routed for a nice rounded edge, I like the result.

Kevin Gerstenecker
07-09-2003, 10:49 PM
That sure it neat Marvin! Turned out very well, and the finish is really nice. It is nice to see unique things once in a while. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us! Kinda neat to have your work being enjoyed in Japan too. The farthest my work has travelled is Canada, but I still tell my friends my work is known world wide! ;)

Eric Apple - Central IN
07-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Nice work... I can't draw anything but a line. I think you might have a lot of fun with a scroll saw.

Marvin Keys
07-10-2003, 5:07 PM
Nice work... I can't draw anything but a line. I think you might have a lot of fun with a scroll saw.

What, you mean there are more tools out there? Perhaps you could call my wife and let her know. She thinks I have already purchased everything I could ever need.