PDA

View Full Version : Felder Advice

Mike Spray
03-11-2020, 11:13 AM
A question to anyone who’s had experience selling a combination machine. I have a KF700S Pro (9’ slider with shaper). I work professionally but really don’t use the saw for sheet work anymore (prefer track saw) so would like to reclaim some space and switch to a regular cabinet saw. My challenge is to figure out the right place to list (or consign) as I’ve got many extras that I’d want to package with it (eg phase converter, its got 2 7.5hp 3ph motors; and ALOT of tooling for shaper in particular that I’ve never used (similarly the power feeder). I don’t think (could be wrong) I’d have luck with the average craigslist type consumer. I appreciate in advance the opinions. If relevant I’m in the greater Seattle area. Thanks.

Richard Coers
03-11-2020, 12:04 PM
Is there a Felder Facebook page? Advertising that on an enthusiast site is the way to go.

Rod Sheridan
03-11-2020, 1:30 PM
I would try the Felder Owners Group, and Felder USA.

Ask Felder if they'll list your machine as used...........Rod.

David Kumm
03-11-2020, 2:15 PM
woodweb.com machinery exchange. Dave

Jeff Monson
03-11-2020, 3:02 PM
As mentioned, Felders Owners group, Woodweb, Felder N1 used machinery may list it for you also. I'd still try Craigslist if its priced right, you may find a hobbyist in the area that is willing to buy.

Jim Becker
03-11-2020, 9:11 PM
Ummm....why not become a Contributor here for...six bucks...and list it in the Classifieds? SMC has a huge geographic reach and many folks have successfully moved used combo machines historically. Click on the "Donate" button up at the top of the page.

Jim
Forum Moderator