PDA

View Full Version : Festool Domino plate creeping

michael dilday
03-09-2020, 5:34 PM
Is anyone having problems with their Festool Domino plate creeping? I believe it is happening when the domino "jumps" or slips when cutting. I don't see a way to tighten the lock.

Steve Fish
03-09-2020, 5:56 PM
If it’s the fence knob not getting tight enough you can pull it outward to disengage the splines inside. So pull out, turn left, push in and tighten it a little more.

glenn bradley
03-09-2020, 7:05 PM
If it’s the fence knob not getting tight enough you can pull it outward to disengage the splines inside. So pull out, turn left, push in and tighten it a little more.

My Domino 500 does not have that type of knob. You can however remove the screw shift the knob to a new position and put the screw back in. One step was more than adequate to solve my problem. Several Domino 500 owners have reported this problem after a few hours of use.

Steve Fish
03-09-2020, 7:31 PM
My bad, I forgot you had to take the screw out for that. Can I just get a half demerit this time?

johnny means
03-09-2020, 7:34 PM
I've always found that I need to apply a discomforting amount of torque to the lever in order to get an adequate lock. I'd feel much better if the mechanism was all metal.

michael dilday
03-09-2020, 10:09 PM
My Domino 500 does not have that type of knob. You can however remove the screw shift the knob to a new position and put the screw back in. One step was more than adequate to solve my problem. Several Domino 500 owners have reported this problem after a few hours of use.

Thanks Glenn and everyone else. I saw the screw but didn't want to start monkeying with it. Love the Domino and now I can fix the only issue I am having.

Larry Edgerton
03-10-2020, 10:05 PM
I've always found that I need to apply a discomforting amount of torque to the lever in order to get an adequate lock. I'd feel much better if the mechanism was all metal.

I know what you mean. I find it annoying that you have to bend the plastic lever to get it tight, and then you better check it occasionally. I have an idea in mind to develop a threaded wedge system of height adjustment and scrap that stupid step system so that I can have physical support no matter what height "I" want.

johnny means
03-10-2020, 11:39 PM
I know what you mean. I find it annoying that you have to bend the plastic lever to get it tight, and then you better check it occasionally. I have an idea in mind to develop a threaded wedge system of height adjustment and scrap that stupid step system so that I can have physical support no matter what height "I" want.

My roof rack on my car comes with a hex wrench with a curved plastic handle. When the handle flexes to being straight, you know you've reached the prescribed torque setting. Something like that would be nice.