PDA

View Full Version : Cast Iron and Horsepower!

Steven Shelby
12-23-2005, 11:19 AM
As mentioned on a previous thread, I have been in search of a new Table Saw. you all have been very helpful with your thoughts and suggestions.

I was originally leaning toward the Delta 36-717. But I did more research and listened to the input from the Creek. As a result, the Delta fell off the list. It came down to the new Craftsman hybrid and the Grizzly 1023SL. Thanks to Tod for reminding me (twice) the two most important factors in a TS. I'm going with the Griz because it has more of both.

I'm happy that, as it turns out, the issue of 220v power is not an issue. I was planning on upgrading power in the shop anyway. Now the electrician has one more thing to do. So as soon as I talk with the electrician to confirm that he can put a 220 where I want it, I'm pulling the trigger!!!!

Thanks again to everyone for all your help!:D

tod evans
12-23-2005, 11:35 AM
congratulations steven!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Go Steven! BTW....a gloat isn't considered official unless accompanied by photos!

scott spencer
12-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Good for you Steven, and thanks for the update! Please post again when you've got some sawdust on it!

Merry Christmas!

Roy Wall
12-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Steven,

Congrats and.........I'd put a couple extra 220v breakers in that garage too!

john whittaker
12-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Steve, I just took delivery on the Griz 1023SL yesterday...and since there have been quite a few table saw questions recently, plan on posting a review once it is up and running. But this must wait till after the holidays...(CHRISTMAS)

But FYI - my initial impression was very good. This saw is more substantial than the hybrids I was looking at (Delta & Craftsman) Buying site unseen makes me a bit uneasy but so far I am very impressed with saw and service.

Steve Clardy
12-23-2005, 2:08 PM
Nice!!
I too have a 1023, since 1994.

Bart Leetch
12-23-2005, 3:33 PM
So as soon as I talk with the electrician to confirm that he can put a 220 where I want it,

I'd put a couple extra 220v breakers in that garage consider separate circuits 1 for a DC 1 for a air compressor. Then you can put 1,2 or 3 on a single circuit for the machines if you’re a single person shop because you’ll probably use only 1 tool at a time. I have had no trouble running both the Table-saw & Jointer at the same time.