PDA

View Full Version : hardwood source in treasure coast fl area

Eric John
03-09-2020, 10:23 AM
gmorning,

am trying to find honduras mahogany in my area, anyone know of any hardwood supppliers?
or a lumber supplier who ships? I live in treasure coast of florida.

thanx
Eric

Erik Loza
03-09-2020, 10:52 AM
Nor firsthand experience with these guys (Sarasota) except they're always posting really cool pics of tropical hardwoods on my Linkedin feed:

https://www.advantagelumber.com/about.htm

Erik

steven sherman
03-09-2020, 10:41 PM
Eric

Try Medley Hardwoods in Miami

Steve

John Jardin
03-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Try Gleman & Sons in Sanford. I've bought mahogany from them in the past.

Stewart Lang
03-11-2020, 6:57 PM
gmorning,

am trying to find honduras mahogany in my area, anyone know of any hardwood supppliers?
or a lumber supplier who ships? I live in treasure coast of florida.

thanx
Eric

M&M in Holly Hill due north of you is an excellent hardwood supplier. I know they can readily get Sapele. You'd have to ask about true Hond. Mahogany.

I'm also in Ormond Beach and carry 4/4 Red Oak, Cherry and Maple at competitive pricing if you need any.

Sam Force
03-11-2020, 8:12 PM
Might be a little drive but Amazon Exotic Hardwoods in Orlando has a great inventory of various woods

Larry E Stroud
03-12-2020, 8:14 AM
Have you tried Sturgis in Vero? They list Mahogany on their website.

Eric John
03-14-2020, 9:43 AM
Thank you everyone!
well when I have more time I will check out these yards, in the meantime I was
able to go to Sturgis in Vero. settled for some Sapele. so that's what it will be.
Appreciate the help.
Regards Eric

scott vroom
03-14-2020, 10:26 AM
I've read that the vast majority of swietenia macrophylla is harvested legally from large plantations in South Asia due to trade restrictions on the species grown in Central and South America. I assume that any "Honduran" mahogany sold in the US isn't from Honduras but imported from Asia. Can anyone shed any light on this?