PDA

View Full Version : Any Korean War/Korea Service Veterans here?

James Pickering
03-06-2020, 12:32 PM
I am the (volunteer) Webmaster for our Chapter web site. It will be going offline on 11 March this year as we switch to Facebook for General and Chapter information and photo postings. In the meantime, anyone interested is welcome to Browse information and maybe checkout some interesting photos before I take the site down.

james

Mike Henderson
03-06-2020, 2:25 PM
Just wanted to salute all the veterans of the Korean War. It really is the "forgotten war" being between WWII and Vietnam. Most of the veterans of the Korean War are pretty old now and deserve a big "Thank You" for their service and the efforts they made in Korea.

Mike

James Pickering
03-06-2020, 3:46 PM
Just wanted to salute all the veterans of the Korean War. It really is the "forgotten war" being between WWII and Vietnam. Most of the veterans of the Korean War are pretty old now and deserve a big "Thank You" for their service and the efforts they made in Korea.

Mike
Thank you Mike. We are now down to twenty or so Korean War Veterans. The oldest is 99 and is a WWII/Korean War Vet. - the Youngest is (I believe) 86. We are dwindling down to a precious few - but we are a feisty bunch!

James

Frederick Skelly
03-06-2020, 6:04 PM
I second Mike's praise. Thank you all!

I knew a Marine who fought at Chosin Reservoir and another man who was Army and fought elsewhere. The stories are utterly chilling. My Army friend described to me the "wave attacks" made by the chinese infantry. Geez, what a nightmare. He still has a bayonet scar.

Thank you and all our Veterans, James.