PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a computerized Follow up/ reminder system?

dennis thompson
03-04-2020, 1:59 PM
So, not for the first time, I forgot to pay my real estate taxes and had to pay the taxes plus $50 in interest:(. Can someone recommend a reminder system I can put on the computer to remind me of this and my estimated tax due dates?
Thanks

Lisa Starr
03-04-2020, 3:56 PM
If you run the MicroSoft Office Suite, your Outlook Mail can handle tasks like that easily. The calendar portion lets you setup reminders and will also allow you to make them re-occur at specified intervals.

I use it to keep track of Dr. appointments, Estimated Tax due dates, Emptying days for a dumpster I have use of when there is room...

glenn bradley
03-04-2020, 4:50 PM
I use Google Calendar with good success on Windows, linux and iPhone.

Matt Day
03-04-2020, 4:56 PM
I use reminders constantly on my iPhone. Just say “Hey Siri” and tell her to remind me about X at Y time on Z day. Super helpful and useful.

My mom has some short term memory loss and iPhone reminders would be great for her. Wish I could teach her but she just forgets how to do it.

Jay Aubuchon
03-04-2020, 5:57 PM
+1 for Google Calendar. I can access it on all of my devices.

Jim Koepke
03-04-2020, 6:46 PM
So, not for the first time, I forgot to pay my real estate taxes and had to pay the taxes plus $50 in interest:(. Can someone recommend a reminder system I can put on the computer to remind me of this and my estimated tax due dates?
Thanks

It depends on what computer you have as to what may be your best calendar app.

For me it is still easy to remember the property tax is due at about the same time as my truck registration, state business sales tax and federal income tax. That is one heavy tax month. The car registration is in January. My business license is a different story. That is due in June and always seems to slip my mind. Also since we haven't been doing much business lately we sometimes think about not renewing.

jtk

Jim Allen
03-04-2020, 6:48 PM
Another +1 for Google Calendar, you can set it up to email you days or hours in advance.

Bert Kemp
03-05-2020, 1:03 AM
memo to me
http://www.memotome.com/

will send an email it free and I us it for Taxes and birhtdays long distace dr appointment works great

dennis thompson
03-05-2020, 4:04 PM
memo to me
http://www.memotome.com/

will send an email it free and I us it for Taxes and birhtdays long distace dr appointment works great

Bert
Looks just like what I'm looking for. I just signed up for it.
Thanks

Curt Harms
03-07-2020, 8:11 AM
I use Thunderbird for email. There is an add-on called Lightning. It has one-time and recurring reminders etc. and syncs with Google calendar among others.

lowell holmes
03-08-2020, 2:15 PM
I have two paper wall calendars that hang in different rooms that I write reminders on. That keeps me current.

Osvaldo Cristo
03-08-2020, 3:20 PM
Can you use your bank? We use our bank as we can enter any bill when it is received and at the right day it is paid. The system also generates future transactions report just to follow up your bank account.

We input into the system all taxes, utility bills, merchandise purchase billing, our internet fiber provider, credit cards, and all. No probs and it is easy to follow up.

michael dilday
03-08-2020, 3:23 PM
iPhone, iPad and Mac notebook. I am all set. I just say "Hey Siri, remind me to pay my estimated tax on ??/??/??." All there is to it.

Bert Kemp
03-09-2020, 4:03 AM
Bert
Looks just like what I'm looking for. I just signed up for it.
Thanks

Glad I could help hope it works as good for you as it does for me

alden smith
03-09-2020, 4:22 AM
unfortunately I haven't

Bill Carey
03-09-2020, 8:13 AM
I use Thunderbird for email. There is an add-on called Lightning. It has one-time and recurring reminders etc. and syncs with Google calendar among others.

2nd for Thunderbird. And the google sync ability

Ken Combs
03-09-2020, 12:30 PM
I've used Yahoo email with the calendar and reminder functions for years. Set to send email reminders twice leading up to the event. Usually 48hours, then 12hrs before. Choose your own intervals.