PDA

View Full Version : If you cut your fingers off, would I be responsible. LOL

Bill Wyko
03-03-2020, 7:13 PM
So, would I be responsible if you chopped off your fingers on my cutting board? Inquiring minds want to know. This is a whole hog cutting board for Rec Tec grills.

John TenEyck
03-03-2020, 7:43 PM
No, but you would be for the migraine and vertigo. That is crazy good. I gotta ask - how many pieces?

John

Bill Wyko
03-03-2020, 7:46 PM
A rough count puts it at over 11,000 pieces.

Andrew Nemeth
03-03-2020, 8:06 PM
Very impressive! Thank you for sharing. Do you happen to have any construction details and/or photographs showing the process?

Matt Day
03-03-2020, 8:11 PM
Wow, those are huge!

johnny means
03-03-2020, 8:22 PM
I'm absolutely sure someone would try to sue thoug if it ever did happen.

Richard Coers
03-03-2020, 8:26 PM
I cut 3/4 of the way through one finger and it took two surgeries to get it to be something. Recovering from two surgeries back to back is no fun. Cutting off fingers isn't funny to me, not in any context.

Bruce Wrenn
03-03-2020, 9:15 PM
I cut 3/4 of the way through one finger and it took two surgeries to get it to be something. Recovering from two surgeries back to back is no fun. Cutting off fingers isn't funny to me, not in any context.That's exactly why we use a chopping box, and a scrape hoe. We build an oak box about 20" wide, 30" long, and 16" deep. Leave some cracks between the bottom board for grease to drain out. Take fully cooked pork, shake it of the bone into box, and have a go at it with scrape hoe. You may know scrape hoes as ice scrapers. Here we use them to clean mortar off floors on construction sites. Commercil BBQ places use a "Buffalo" to chop BBQ.

David Eisenhauer
03-03-2020, 10:53 PM
Dang Bill! That thing makes my head swim to look at it. The design department must be smokin them left hand cigarettes to come up with that. Nice work, but how do you keep the pattern straight in your brain while assembling it?

Doug Dawson
03-03-2020, 10:58 PM
So, would I be responsible if you chopped off your fingers on my cutting board? Inquiring minds want to know. This is a whole hog cutting board for Rec Tec grills.

If you only hang it on the wall, you might be safe.

mreza Salav
03-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Very nice work. Do you make tall/thick 1/4 of the pattern and chop/resaw them and put 4 of them around to save time?

Bill Wyko
03-04-2020, 2:20 PM
Not meant to be funny, I've taken the ends off 2 fingers myself and put my saw stop to the test 2 weeks ago. I've had numerous people say they would cut themselves so I'm curious what the liability would be.

Bill Wyko
03-04-2020, 2:22 PM
I use a lot of reference marks, originally tried to just line them up but it was too confusing.

Richard Coers
03-04-2020, 2:24 PM
That's exactly why we use a chopping box, and a scrape hoe. We build an oak box about 20" wide, 30" long, and 16" deep. Leave some cracks between the bottom board for grease to drain out. Take fully cooked pork, shake it of the bone into box, and have a go at it with scrape hoe. You may know scrape hoes as ice scrapers. Here we use them to clean mortar off floors on construction sites. Commercil BBQ places use a "Buffalo" to chop BBQ.
I didn't explain my accident. It was in the shop with a saw, not with a knife on a cutting board. But it was a trauma that made me sweat for a long time when I hit the start button.

Bill Wyko
03-04-2020, 2:25 PM
It weighs over 200 lbs, better be a strong wall.

Doug Dawson
03-04-2020, 2:34 PM
Not meant to be funny, I've taken the ends off 2 fingers myself and put my saw stop to the test 2 weeks ago. I've had numerous people say they would cut themselves so I'm curious what the liability would be.

Are you saying that your SawStop malfunctioned?

Andrew Joiner
03-04-2020, 3:08 PM
Your liability would have been the same as for any cutting board you've sold. It could increase your liability to sell a product that is more hazardous than a normal cutting board.
What does your insurance agent say? If your covered for all cutting boards you should be good.
I'm not a lawyer, but I've studied product liability.

Mark Bolton
03-04-2020, 4:11 PM
Gosh that looks way too much like work to me. Impressive. Thats gotta be like a $3k cutting board? Thats a ton of work to chop lard on lol.

Bill Wyko
03-05-2020, 3:41 PM
I was cutting a board about 1.5 inches thick and cutting off about 1/8th of an inch. The board had a recess I didn't notice and the blade came through the side.On a regular saw, I would have lost about a 1/4" or more of my finger. Instead, it felt like a little electrical shock and BAM! blade was gone, didn't even leave a mark on my finger. I swear by the Saw Stop table saw, there's a table saw injury every 9 minutes in the USA. The day I ordered it, an employee split his ring finger down the middle about 1/2 way through his finger. I had asked him if he was qualified to use a TS, He swore up and down, no problem. First 6 inches into the cut, he pushed the wood away from the fence and split the finger. He lied about ever using a TS, cost him a life long injury. ALSO, my workmans comp went up $1000.00 a month. SO don't think for one second that the Saw Stop is too expensive people.

Bill Wyko
03-05-2020, 3:43 PM
A smaller one has made a person dizzy but it was due to their own condition.

Bill Wyko
03-05-2020, 3:44 PM
No, my band saw's capacity isn't big enough.

Bill Dufour
03-06-2020, 1:59 PM
I understand parquet floors where invented so at parties folks could watch the drunks stagger around.
Bill D