PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Joseph Meyers! Mahagony Gloat!

Mark Singer
12-22-2005, 11:17 PM
I wanted to thank Joseph Meyers , a great SMC member! He Emailed me about 2 days ago about an ad in woodplanet.com. 8000 bf of Honduras mahogany at $2.50 / bf.Today i drove down to costa Mesa about 30 minutes away and stuffed my Tundra with 450 BF...at $2. a bf! The grade was #2....with my selecting, I am close to FAS...not quite. The wood true Genuine Hondoruas Mahogany....moisture 7%. There were a lot of splits and banaanas in the pile....I did ok though! Joseph ...thanks again. What a great Forum SMC is!

Dino Makropoulos
12-23-2005, 12:08 AM
I wanted to thank Joseph Meyers , a great SMC member! He Emailed me about 2 days ago about an ad in woodplanet.com. 8000 bf of Honduras mahogany at $2.50 / bf.Today i drove down to costa Mesa about 30 minutes away and stuffed my Tundra with 450 BF...at $2. a bf! The grade was #2....with my selecting, I am close to FAS...not quite. The wood true Genuine Hondoruas Mahogany....moisture 7%. There were a lot of splits and banaanas in the pile....I did ok though! Joseph ...thanks again. What a great Forum SMC is!

Hi Mark.
And I thought Joe was only good to me.:o
Is good to have friends like Joe.:)
Thanks Joe and SMC.:cool:
YCf Dino

Scott Larson
12-23-2005, 1:22 AM
Mark,

Does Joseph have any more???

I live in Newport and would love to pick some up (Although my needs are pretty small).

Could you Private Message me his contact info?

Thanks again,

-Scott

Dick Parr
12-23-2005, 2:10 AM
Congrats Mark, I am sure that score will come in handy in the future.:D

Mark Singer
12-23-2005, 6:07 AM
Mark,

Does Joseph have any more???

I live in Newport and would love to pick some up (Although my needs are pretty small).

Could you Private Message me his contact info?

Thanks again,

-Scott

Scott,
I sent you a PM with the info... The guy selling it is Aurthur...he is very fair...If you want more rustic stuff he has it. In smaller quantities you will probably be at $2.50 or a bit more...still a great deal!

Kelly C. Hanna
12-23-2005, 9:01 AM
Congrats Mark! That's beautiful wood. I like Mahogany better than most other woods to work with. I still have some 1954 Mahogany a friend gave me...I just need time to do something with it!!

I can't wait to see what you make out of it!

Jim Becker
12-23-2005, 5:45 PM
Gee...you never have a need for mahogany around your place...why would you ever want to buy 450bf of the stuff??? LOL

Nice haul...and yes, Joseph is a very nice fellow for tipping you off! ;)