PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on how to find someone to make a gift

Matthew Bennett DC
02-29-2020, 2:16 PM
Hello,

I apologize if I am not doing this correctly. I would like to inquire how to find someone, perhaps within the forum, who may be interested in doing a commission for me.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time, equipment, nor experience to create my vision which is why I am inquiring.

I want to surprise my boss with a nice gift that I know will really lighten up the office and brighten their faces.

Thank you in advance for any tips, feedback, etc on the right way to find someone.

Thanks and have a terrific Saturday.

Matt

Mark Daily
02-29-2020, 2:23 PM
Matt, I think you’ll have more success if you give us some idea of what you want.

Jim Koepke
02-29-2020, 2:33 PM
Matt, I think you’ll have more success if you give us some idea of what you want.

+1 on that. Difficult to answer if one doesn't know the question.

jtk

Lee Schierer
02-29-2020, 6:10 PM
Determine what it it you wish to have made and post an advertisement in the classifieds section of SMC.

Bill Bukovec
02-29-2020, 7:07 PM
Does your boss have any hobbies or interests? Fly fishing, cigars....

Jim Becker
02-29-2020, 7:44 PM
Determine what it it you wish to have made and post an advertisement in the classifieds section of SMC.

This. A number of folks have successfully found assistance for specific projects or operations this way.

Kev Williams
02-29-2020, 8:15 PM
Hello,

I want to surprise my boss with a nice gift that I know will really lighten up the office and brighten their faces.
Matt

Sorry, I couldn't resist... ;)

http://www.engraver1.com/lts.jpg

Matthew Bennett DC
03-01-2020, 9:35 AM
Good morning everyone,

Thank you for the wonderful suggestions especially the one with the pic of the super bright light lamp 😏

I will go ahead and post in the classified section but I will also explain here so you guys don't have to search for it in the classified.

My goal is to surprise my boss with a monthly award plaque to replace the old and ugly one we have been using for the last 2 years. Basically, every month an employee would be given the plaque as a recognition fo something special they did. The problem is that the plaque is a cheap 1 dollar paper thin cardboard gold star that look awful and worn after being passed from one to another employees over and over.

My background, I am a lowly government employee with the Dept. of Navy at the Pentagon, under the Human Resources Division.

I attached a very crudely drawn picture of my vision.

Jim Becker
03-01-2020, 9:37 AM
Sounds like an excellent project to collaborate with someone that has CNC and/or laser engraving to produce a plaque that is "worthy".