PDA

View Full Version : The PM 3520 is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ernie Nyvall
12-22-2005, 10:27 PM
It actually got to the truck terminal on Monday. I went to pick it up and I had forgotten my driver's liscense:mad: I picked it up Tuesday, but it was too late to do anything with when I got home.:mad: Wednesday, I got off early and goter done and here she is.

Hey, some of you said this thing is heavy, but as you can see in the third picture, I lifted it with one finger.:p

Now for the exact placement and some electricity.

I'm a happy camper.:D :D

Ernie

Keith Burns
12-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Way to go Ernie, you dirty Rat:D . Must be something going around, pmitis or turningitis or something.

Mark Cothren
12-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Excellent! Now get it dirty!!!

Congrats!

Jim Ketron
12-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Oh Yea Congrats Ernie!
cant wait to see what comes of your Big Yeller!:D

Jerry Clark
12-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Nice lathe Ernie, looks heavy, but looks like you got that handled also.:) Now make something!:rolleyes:

Travis Stinson
12-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Santa sure has been busy delivering all these new PMs early:) .
Your unloading technique has us all beat Ernie!
Now, like Mark said.....get that baby dirty!!!!!!:D

Bill Stevener
12-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Good for you Ernie, can't wait to see the first studio piece.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Andy Hoyt
12-22-2005, 10:50 PM
!einrE ,og ot yaW

This is to help you learn how to read the rpm indicator

Kent Cori
12-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Wow, two posts on two new PM 3250A's less than 45 minutes apart! What are the odds on that? Clearly, Ernie, we share the same good tastes. Welcome to the club! :D

Jim Becker
12-22-2005, 10:59 PM
LOL to Andy's post.

Congratulations, Ernie...and I fully approve of your "machinery moving technique"... ;)

Bernie Weishapl
12-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Congrats Ernie. Looks like a lot of machine. Now let us see some masterpieces.

Dennis Peacock
12-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Many Congrats Ernie..!!!!!!!!!!! Seems like a lot of folks are getting these ol' Yeller Dawgs now days.!!! :D :D

Doug Jones
12-22-2005, 11:25 PM
WOW, another fast shipment by Amazon. I hope you enjoy it Ernie.

Ernie Nyvall
12-22-2005, 11:55 PM
!einrE ,og ot yaW

Maybe I could mount a mirror.

Ernie

John Hart
12-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Wow....Congratulations Ernie!!! Can't wait to see the installation pics and the projects. Way to go!

Corey Hallagan
12-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Wow, tis the season. Some great gifting going on here!! Congrats on the new equipment!

Corey

Earl Eyre
12-23-2005, 1:09 AM
Let's just change this forum from Turner's Forum to 3520 Forum. It's such a great lathe why buy or talk about any other lathe? LOL Congradulations!
Earl

Dick Parr
12-23-2005, 1:55 AM
Congrats Ernie:) Looks like Santa was good to you, now go have some fun.;)

tod evans
12-23-2005, 7:02 AM
ernie, just chuck up a 75# off center chunk and see where it calls home, then wire it permanently:), nice lathe! tod

Raymond Overman
12-23-2005, 7:29 AM
If I ever get a new lathe, I'm calling you to help move it in Ernie. You're the smartest guy in the bunch since I've heard people say they took them apart to get em' to the shop or worse yet, called all their buddies to lift one of those suckers.

Congratulations on the new lathe and I hope you're completely satisfied with years of service from it.

Merry Christmas!

Chris Barton
12-23-2005, 7:39 AM
!einrE ,og ot yaW

This true...but, great gloat anyway Ernie!!!! I never look at my RPM meeter since a) I can't see it without a mirror and b) you need a conversion scale to determine actual RPM. I turn by ear...

Ernie Nyvall
12-23-2005, 5:07 PM
..... You're the smartest guy in the bunch.....
Merry Christmas!

Yes, I believe you are correct.

I do like my tractor and now that I have it, I don't know what I'd do without it, however I got nothin on Jim Becker with his back hoe attachment for his... ratsnfrascal.

Ernie

Jim Becker
12-23-2005, 7:14 PM
Ernie, the hoe is like an unusual scraper or fancy gouge you rarely use. You can live without it if you need to, but it do come in handy every once in awhile. The loader...now that is indispensable and sure does make buying big tools a lot easier! LOL (Not to mention emptying the cyclone bin half-way across our property...)

John Miliunas
12-23-2005, 8:09 PM
Congrats Ernie!!! :D Nuthin' like a little horsepower when you have to move a little horsepower! :) Can't wait to see some product pics turning up off of that beast!:) :cool:

Ernie Nyvall
12-23-2005, 8:21 PM
Ernie, the hoe is like an unusual scraper or fancy gouge you rarely use. You can live without it if you need to, but it do come in handy every once in awhile. The loader...now that is indispensable and sure does make buying big tools a lot easier! LOL (Not to mention emptying the cyclone bin half-way across our property...)

Yea Jim, that's sort of what I was thinking of. We live down a mile long road that is not maintained by the county. Since this is flat country, the rain water doesn't move very fast and silt eventually builds the ditches. A little hoe I think would be perfect for scraping the grass off first, scraping out the silt, and then I could just lay the grass back down.

You're absolutely right about the loader being the first choice. I've made a few trips with the wood chips myself:) .

Ernie

Chip Peterson
12-24-2005, 10:06 AM
This true...but, great gloat anyway Ernie!!!! I never look at my RPM meeter since a) I can't see it without a mirror and b) you need a conversion scale to determine actual RPM. I turn by ear...

Congrats on the new Baby. I love mine.

I also neever look at the readout. Turn by ear and feel. The numbers don't mean a thing. It's the safety and the cuttings that count.

Merry Christmas to All!