PDA

View Full Version : Explain to me

Gary Herrmann
12-22-2005, 9:11 PM
Why I can scribe, cut and chop dovetails by hand, put a mirror smooth finish on a piece of furniture, but whenever I wrap a present, it winds up looking like a drunk monkey did it?

Well, at least the wife will know I wrapped them myself. My son won't even process it since the wrapping will be off in about 2 nanoseconds.

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-22-2005, 9:13 PM
You have FOLDSPINDLEMUTILATE Syndrome!:D :D :D

Bruce;)

Ken Garlock
12-22-2005, 9:18 PM
Gary, you need an infinite number of monkeys wrapping your presents. Sooner or later, on of them will do it right:D :rolleyes:

Loy Hawes
12-22-2005, 9:25 PM
whenever I wrap a present, it winds up looking like a drunk monkey did it?

LMAO :D I am the say way. I just have no patience for something that it going to be destroyed in a matter of seconds.

Dennis Peacock
12-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Just do as I do.....shove it in a Wal-Mart Bag and duct tape a bow on it. :rolleyes: :D

Ernie Nyvall
12-22-2005, 11:24 PM
I just have no patience for something that it going to be destroyed in a matter of seconds.

Yea, that's a good one Loy. I think I'll use that reason myself this year.:D

Ernie

John Bailey
12-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Simple, get a new drunk monkey!!

John

Loy Hawes
12-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Simple, get a new drunk monkey!!

John

Have you priced drunk monkeys lately? They ain't cheap! And the monkey I have,well lets not talk about him. Port wine used to be plenty. Now all he wants is twenty year scotch. Can you believe that? It's the same thing every year. More liquor,better liquor,and the worse the wrapping gets. Should have never bought the thing. I should have kept my one eyed parrot Seymore. His wrapping was top notch and he did this cool thing with his beak that made the ribbon curl. Man, I miss him.

Vaughn McMillan
12-22-2005, 11:50 PM
...Man, I miss him.
Loy, I got a little misty just reading about the parrot. So sad, so sad.

- Vaughn

P.S. My wrapping monkey wants to meet your wrapping monkey after the holidays for a drink.

Wolf Kiessling
12-23-2005, 10:33 AM
If you ever figure out how to wrap something, Gary, without it being a major project that requires two slide rules, a super computer and four robots to accomplish, let me know.

I guess I am just an ambidextrous maladroit. We all know what this is, right? I can screw up equally well with either hand.........

Peter Stahl
12-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Why I can scribe, cut and chop dovetails by hand, put a mirror smooth finish on a piece of furniture, but whenever I wrap a present, it winds up looking like a drunk monkey did it?

Well, at least the wife will know I wrapped them myself. My son won't even process it since the wrapping will be off in about 2 nanoseconds.

Gary, I'll show you how to wrap and you can show me how to cut dovetail. Just remember it's the thought that counts, still better be something good in the box though.