PDA

View Full Version : New IR compressor is in my shop (gloat)

Steve Stube
12-22-2005, 7:44 PM
After reading Scott Berg's possible regret story I decided to jump the gun a bit to give a flip side account of how that discount nudge can make a sale and please the customer at the same time.

Long story short I was offered ~ 26% managers discount on a IR compressor which I jumped on. Not so nice is that it will be 4 weeks tomorrow since I bought it and today it was finally ready for pickup. I got stuck in the snow trying to manuver my trailer and 2 wheel drive truck. My buddy pulled me out with his 4WD and we settled for putting it in the front door instead of around to the back door closer to where it needs to go.

Steve Stube
12-22-2005, 9:38 PM
The actual photo of the compressor in place is a ways off. It is much fancier looking in real life with many more decals on it than this TSC store photo. But then a compressor is only a compressor, right?

Jim Becker
12-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Congrats on that new compressor, Steve! Excellent choice!

Bernie Weishapl
12-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Congrats on your new compressor. Looks like a beauty.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Nice gloat! I wished I had that compressor instead of the one I have now! Congrats!

Dennis Peacock
12-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Very nice choice of compressor. Can't go wrong with a good IR compressor. :D

Steve Stube
12-24-2005, 1:29 AM
Thank you fellows, or should I say fellow IR compressor owners. I believe it will meet my needs in the shop. I count 21 fully exposed decals (I think there might be a couple more, one behind the motor connection cover and one inside the pressure switch cover) on this compressor plus the weld on tank tag - that's a lot of labeling if you ask me.

Does anybody know how the "V" body twin compares to the inline twin?