PDA

View Full Version : I've never done this before

Don Baer
12-22-2005, 5:17 PM
It's Dec 22nd and there are still 2 1/2 days left until Christmas. I am all done with my shopping and all of the presents are wrapped. I must be getting sick or something...:rolleyes:

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year.
:D

Vaughn McMillan
12-22-2005, 5:26 PM
Shhh! Don't be so public about it, Don. They might just have to revoke your "Man Card" if word gets out that you're already done with your shopping. We all know men don't ever finish Christmas shopping until sometime on the 24th at the earliest.

Ho Ho Ho and a very Merry Christmas to you, too, Don. :D

- Vaughn

Andy Hoyt
12-22-2005, 5:35 PM
My spies tell me that you aint got my present yet.

Don Baer
12-22-2005, 6:07 PM
My spies tell me that you aint got my present yet.

My spies tell me all your getting is a lump of Coal...:rolleyes:

Jerry Olexa
12-22-2005, 6:22 PM
Where's Don's hat??

John Hart
12-22-2005, 6:39 PM
Shhh! Don't be so public about it, Don. They might just have to revoke your "Man Card" if word gets out that you're already done with your shopping. .....

I can loan him one of my extra cards....I haven't been to a store yet.:o Methinks I am in big trouble!!!!

Way to go Don!

Andy Hoyt
12-22-2005, 6:51 PM
Where's Don's hat??
It's right here. And if he's man enough to put it on, I'm willing to let him pass on the coal.

This is a great style for all former bubbleheads. It's the current rage in Groton.

Directions here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=27837) - thought all you CA boys were tech savvy

Don Baer
12-22-2005, 6:53 PM
well I followed the link and got this message.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
<!-- main error message -->
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator (webmaster@sawmillcreek.org)

<!-- / main error message -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:eek:

I guess I spoke to soon...

Ken Fitzgerald
12-22-2005, 6:57 PM
I should have known there were former bubbleheads involved in all this frivolity!:rolleyes:

Don Baer
12-22-2005, 6:59 PM
I should have known there were former bubbleheads involved in all this frivolity!:rolleyes:

Not only a bubble head but a nuke to boot...;)

Andy Hoyt
12-22-2005, 7:03 PM
Not only a bubble head but a nuke to boot...;)

And that explains soooooooooooooooooooo much!

Looks good on ya. Ho Ho Ho

Ken Fitzgerald
12-22-2005, 7:06 PM
Spent the last 8 months of my 8 year enlistment working aboard the USS Orion AS-18....We serviced fast attacks......spent 2 years in schools....5 years with the airdales at various NAS's.......8 months working around bubbleheads in Charleston, SC...Enjoyed those last 8 months! I helped an engineer install some "special" equipment aboard one of the fast attacks. They asked me to extend for 2 weeks to ride and accompany the equipment on a sea trial......I had already been hired by a company and started work 5 days after I got out....didn't make the trip. I made that statement about bubbleheads...tongue in cheek with a lot of respect!

Don Baer
12-22-2005, 7:14 PM
Ken,
Us bubbleheads can take it, We know that skimmers are just wanabe bubbleheads anyhow. I was on boomers made 7 patrols on the uSS Nathan Hale SSBN 623.

Andy was a doc but he got traded to the Jar heads. My son is in same boat as Andy. I told him to volunteer for Sub duty so he can get his dolphins to wear over his FMF pin and get away from the jar heads.

John Hart
12-22-2005, 7:24 PM
I walked past a ship once. It was sitting there floatin' in the water and everything!!! Spent my entire Naval career underground. Sheesh!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-22-2005, 7:37 PM
Don....my dad was a Chief Bosun', I was a 1st Class ET, my youngest son a LT when he got off the Carl Vinson 2 years ago ( he just got accepted into dental school and is planning on returning to active duty following graduation), my oldest grandson has enlisted to enter the Navy following HS graduation this spring. For my 50th birthday, my youngest son had a artist paint an oil portrait from 3 photos..my youngest in his dress whites in front...Navy flag behind his left shoulder....US flag behind his right shoulder....my father as a 1st Class Bm in dress blues in one corner...me in my dress blues in the other corner..... I guess now we'll have to see if we can locate that artist and do another painting with the 4 of us.....special to me...my father died 3 months before my youngest son was born....

BTW....the guy I work with was on the Blue crew aboard the Nathan Hale from 69-73.

Lee DeRaud
12-22-2005, 7:47 PM
Shhh! Don't be so public about it, Don. They might just have to revoke your "Man Card" if word gets out that you're already done with your shopping. We all know men don't ever finish Christmas shopping until sometime on the 24th at the earliest.More to the point, karma is going to jump up and smack him right between the ears with a clue-by-four just when he least expects it.

I had thought I was ready for my mom's arrival on Tuesday...and the bulb in the family room lamp went out on Monday afternoon. Not one of the 6-8 kinds I have spares for either, but one of those oddball $8 halogen tubes. Trust me, I was not in the holiday spirit after my Borg run during rush hour that day.:eek:

Lee DeRaud
12-22-2005, 7:50 PM
...We serviced fast attacks...Wish I knew why they call them that: it's not like we have any slow attack subs.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-22-2005, 8:27 PM
Wish I knew why they call them that: it's not like we have any slow attack subs.

Lee....I suspect we'll go to our graves wondering about that!:confused: :D

Don Baer
12-22-2005, 8:32 PM
BTW....the guy I work with was on the Blue crew aboard the Nathan Hale from 69-73.

Maybe I knew him. I was on the Gold Crew 68-71

Wish I knew why they call them that: it's not like we have any slow attack subs.

Thats what Boomers were. We went out to our patrol area, went silent running, cruised around real quite and slow for a few months, waiting for word to launch out birds. I guess that would qualify as slow attack.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-22-2005, 8:37 PM
Don....the guy's name is Len Twiggs....he was a FTB

Andy Hoyt
12-22-2005, 9:13 PM
.... Spent my entire Naval career underground. Sheesh!

Ho Ho Ho

Ha Ha Ha

Ernie Nyvall
12-22-2005, 11:20 PM
I always usually sometimes... well, when I can make a list and one trip to the store/stores. Okay and this happens to be one of the OFF years, but I don't have much to do.

Merry Christmas back Don and to the rest of you.

Ernie

John Hart
12-22-2005, 11:23 PM

Ho Ho Ho

Ha Ha Ha

Thanks for the new hat Santa!! I think it looks rather dapper!;) :)

John Bailey
12-22-2005, 11:23 PM
I haven't done any yet either. I'm off at the crack of dawn (actually before) to do my shopping tomorrow. The sad part is, that's a day earlier than last year.

John

Andy Hoyt
12-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the new hat Santa!! I think it looks rather dapper!;) :)
Yup. You, Don, and Joe Tonich. The Three Mousketeers!

Oh! And Gail O'Rourke is your den mother.

Frank Pellow
12-23-2005, 8:33 AM
It's Dec 22nd and there are still 2 1/2 days left until Christmas. I am all done with my shopping and all of the presents are wrapped. I must be getting sick or something...:rolleyes:
:D
Don, I was in much the same potion as you but it didn't feel right. :( So, last night, I started a new project (a Chinese Checker game) for my grandaughter. So, now I can spend time in the shop under pressure to finish a gift and it will be much more like the Yule seasons of years gone by. :)