PDA

View Full Version : EZTENSION bandsaw tensioning gauge: Interesting new product

Frederick Skelly
02-09-2020, 3:09 PM
I just saw a blurb in the latest FWW about this tensioning gauge (page 20, April issue). Looks like a new small company out of Maine. LINK (https://www.eztension.com/) It goes for $40+shipping. Like alot of things, the design looks obvious and simple - after the designer worked it out. IMO, it's not really a tension gauge - it's more of a jig or fixture - it sets up for only one specific tension (15,000 pounds). But that's good enough for most normal work I do, according to what I have read.

Anyway, I think I'll order one and see what I think. If it lets me consistently set the tension, it's probably worth what I paid. It will also be interesting to compare the cut quality against what I get with the flutter method. (I'm not confident I consistently set tension by flutter, but it does work folks.)

I'll let you know what I find out.

Fred
(I have no affiliation with the company that sells this gadget.)

Randall J Cox
02-09-2020, 4:18 PM
Yes, I read that one with interest too. Let us know how it works out. Randy

Al Weber
02-10-2020, 8:30 AM
Note that it won't work with bi-metal blades.

Lee Schierer
04-09-2020, 12:15 PM
Fred how is that new tension gauge working out?

Frederick Skelly
04-09-2020, 12:41 PM
Lee, with all the commotion, I havent had as much chance to use it as I'd hoped. (I've had very little shop time for some personal reasons. :( ) So far, I still like it. But I need to try it out on a 3/4" blade to get a comparison. I'll sure let you know.
Fred