Skil Sawsquatch 10 1/4
versus
Big Foot 10 1/4

I know the Big Foot has an edge in cutting depth by cutting 3 7/8"

Thanks folks!

DOC

Tom M King
02-08-2020, 5:24 PM
I think you are going to have to pick both up, to see what you think of them. I prefer a sidewinder, so I went with the Milwaukee for a 10-1/4". It feels more natural to me to have my right hand on the handle with the trigger.

Steve Fish
02-08-2020, 6:12 PM
I picked up the skill saw version because it was locally available. I’m cheap and didn’t want to deal with shipping for a tool that is not used every day. I’ve only used it on PT 3x10 but it seems to have plenty of power in that wood. Even the wetter ones. The one degree bevel scale increments are nice to have when cutting the hip jacks. I stuck a little saw guide in it and made some 8’x3/4” rips off the edge of one beam and they came off nice and flat with the stock blade. Construction seems sturdy but I would not be tossing it around the job site like a cheap skill saw. I need to make a case as it wasn’t supplied with one. So far it’s served me pretty well in my limited use, no complaints. Sorry I haven’t used the Milwaukee or the Makita for comparison.

Edit : I don’t think I’m ever gonna get my pictures to post right side up, my apologies