PDA

View Full Version : Help With Plans

Jerry Bruette
02-07-2020, 8:50 PM
I'd like to take a swing at making some end tables for my wife. Does anyone know where I can get some plans or a book about making tables?

I have zero experience making tables so I'd be looking for something with simple joinery, no dovetails or mortise and tenon.

Tapered legs would be okay and a drawer would be nice, I'm pretty sure I could handle making them. I think making a tapering jig would be a good learning experience.

Lee Schierer
02-08-2020, 5:51 AM
A quick google search for "end table plans" took me to this site (https://ana-white.com/woodworking-projects/categories/accent-table-plans/side-and-end-table-plans) where there are a variety of styles off small tables with simple joinery.

Mark Rainey
02-08-2020, 6:21 AM
I built several tables from the book Tables by Anthony Guidice. You can get it used for about $6 from Abe Books or I can loan you mine. PM me if you want me mail it to you. It is an excellent resource.

Tom Bender
02-14-2020, 6:51 PM
Good time to use a hand plane. It can taper legs as fast as making a jig and more reliably and it's more pleasant work.

Drawers are a bigger challenge. Might want to skip that on your first table

Mark Rainey
02-15-2020, 9:33 AM
Good time to use a hand plane. It can taper legs as fast as making a jig and more reliably and it's more pleasant work.

Drawers are a bigger challenge. Might want to skip that on your first table
I agree Tom! Tapering legs is easy and fun with a hand plane.