PDA

View Full Version : Griggio T100 shaper

Mike Kees
02-05-2020, 9:55 PM
Have a chance to purchase one of these. Wondering how good are they? All I know is it is three phase and has a 1 1/4'' spindle. Was this machine built by Griggio or is it rebadged from another maker ? I have seen a SCM t 100 a couple years ago,so am wondering who makes it ?I am looking for a good solid light industrial machine to compliment my Minimax T50. The Minimax has a sliding table and tilt spindle. Ideally the next shaper would be heavier in build and more than 5hp which is what I have now. Any info would be appreciated.

Darcy Warner
02-05-2020, 10:01 PM
It's a lighter weight machine with a 5hp motor.
I have on sitting in my shop, reminds me of a t100.
Pretty sure griggio made them, but all euro stuff looks the same anymore.

David Kumm
02-06-2020, 12:22 AM
Darcy can fill in the details but for a second shaper I want a stout fence, capable of holding a 250mm head, base heavy enough for a four wheel feeder ( I don't anchor to the table if i can avoid it ), a heavy quill with larger bearings than the T55, and a motor in the 6.6-7.5 hp range. I have a T130 and a Martin T21 that are heavy. The T130 has light bearings in comparison to the Martin but still decent. SAC also made heavy shapers and they tend to be reasonably priced on the used market. T130 are common and if you find one with the numerical counter on the fence, that is even better. I believe Griggio also made a larger shaper than the T100. Dave

Mike Kees
02-06-2020, 9:43 AM
Thanks guys. I will be patient and keep watching.