PDA

View Full Version : Marriot Scam

Jim Koepke
02-04-2020, 12:20 PM
Some call about special conditions to get you a free stay at one of their hotels.

It is like so many calls another scam. My response was to call the Marriott complaint number, 1 (800) 535-4028. They are well aware of this and are working to shut it down.

My suggestion is they work with the media networks with whom the run advertising to do public interest stories during the news programing to advise viewers of the scam.

jtk

Myk Rian
02-04-2020, 12:27 PM
My suggestion is they work with the media networks with whom the run advertising to do public interest stories during the news programing to advise viewers of the scam.

jtk

That makes too much sense.

Frank Pratt
02-04-2020, 12:46 PM
The Marriot scam has been running for years (decades?). Sometimes those losers will change it up a bit by using a different brand, but Marriot seems to be the most common.

Bill Dufour
02-05-2020, 1:04 AM
I got a call this morning while driving to work. I didnot know the area code so I ignored it. They called back and left a voice mail. "This is an important message. we have detected suspicious activity regarding your social security number. You social security number has been SUSPEND until you contact us at..."
Gee they said it was important and they didn't sound foreign so it must be important.
I deleted it as it was disrespectful to proper grammar.
Bill D

Wade Lippman
02-05-2020, 9:36 PM
If I tried to do something about every scam call, I wouldn't have time for much of anything else.

lowell holmes
02-06-2020, 9:35 AM
Keep a police whistle by the phone and then respond to the call with the whistle.
It will not stop the calls, but you will enjoy it. I have one by my phone.