PDA

View Full Version : Going to Alan Turner's School!

Bill Grumbine
12-21-2005, 4:34 PM
Greetings all

I just thought I would post and say that I am in Alan's very first class featuring Jeff Jewitt. I have been wanting to take a class with Jeff for some time now, and when the opportunity presented itself, I jumped on it (well, figuratively that is). Why, I might even have to take a class with Alan himself when he gets the others going as well. When I had a chance to visit with him, I was very impressed with his knowledge of hand tools, and of course most of you here are familiar with his work.

So, anyone else here going to be there then?

Bill

Roy Wall
12-21-2005, 5:46 PM
I'm working on it.........

Bob Noles
12-21-2005, 7:43 PM
Bill,

The class I want to take is YOURS :p Working on my wife to see if that can become a reality somewhere down the road. She wants to explore up in your neck of the woods and that would open the door for a dream come true. I can't begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed your DVD.

Jim Becker
12-21-2005, 9:27 PM
I bet that will be a good time, Bill. I don't yet know if I can swing anything in that time frame, but I'd sure love to take that particular class, too.

Alan Turner
12-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Bill,
I have shop rules posted, but when I saw your note I had to amend the list to include "No jumping." I hope you wont' take this personally.

Jason Roehl
12-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Bill,
I have shop rules posted, but when I saw your note I had to amend the list to include "No jumping." I hope you wont' take this personally.

Alan, you should modify that rule slightly, to read, "No jumping unless you are in a tutu." :D

I hope you learn something, Bill!

Bill Grumbine
12-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Good morning men

Bob, I would be glad to set up a class with you, and we have had several of your fellow Georgians up here already, so you wouldn't be the first. That honor goes to fellow Creeker and turner Glenn Hodges. I am working on a set schedule for the coming year, but I can also put in other classes to accomodate people traveling for other events or reasons.

Jim, is fatherhood making life busy for you? :D If you had gone for three, you could be in my shoes! As an aside, when your daughters are settled in, we should get them together with as many of my daughters as are around at any given time.

Alan, I don't know if I could jump if I had to anymore, but you reminded me of a story. In the summer of '04 we had a whole bunch of people over for our oldest daughter's graduation from high school party. The pool was open, and most of kids were getting in. One boy who is a very high spirited friend jumped into the pool, despite being told not to by YT just moments earlier. So I hollered pretty loud at him and warned him of dire consequences if he did not obey.

Shortly thereafter, a police car pulled into the driveway, carrying two other friends of ours. They had been involved in a minor accident on the way to the house, and were a little shaken up, so the cops brought them the rest of the way. After talking with the officer for a few moments, I asked him if he wanted to have some fun with a certain young man in the pool. He was all ready to cooperate, so the two of us marched over to the pool with stern looks on our faces. Said boy was doing his best to submerge and stay under, but he just couldn't quite tear his eyes off the state trooper.

When we got to the edge of the pool, I said in a loud voice, "Now look what's happened! Someone called the police!" The boy squeaked out, "But I only jumped once, and I promised not to do it again." The officer looked at him sternly and said, I just don't want to have to come back here again",to which the boy replied, "Yes sir!"

Meanwhile his three sisters, hiding just around the corner of the tool shed, were literally hanging onto one another with tears of laughter rolling down their faces. We turned and walked off before we burst out laughing ourselves. A few minutes later the boy's parents arrived, and I told them about the whole situation, finishing up by saying that I should go tell the boy the truth now. His father looked at me and said, "I wouldn't", and started laughing all over again. And you can believe, there was no more jumping in that pool for the rest of the day. ;)

Bill

Larry Fox
12-22-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm in, jumed on it as soon as I saw the info on Homestead and Alan's sites. REALLY looking forward to it - I only wish I didn't have to wait until March. :)

Steve Evans
12-22-2005, 9:54 PM
Well gentlemen, it looks like I'm going to join you (work permitting) Looking forward to it.

Steve

Zahid Naqvi
12-23-2005, 10:33 AM
If it wasn't for the drive.