PDA

View Full Version : jet drill press

Brian Runau
01-29-2020, 4:55 PM
I have a Jet drill press and I am thinking about installing this used router table and I am thinking about installing this extra not currently used router table on top of the Jet drill press table. Never done this not sure it is practical or overkill?

Thanks.

Brian

Matt Day
01-29-2020, 8:12 PM
Your post is confusing and I suggest you use more descriptive thread names.

But are you saying you’re thinking about mounting the router table to the drill press as an auxiliary DP table? Seems like it should work nice. Good fence, dust collection ready.

Make a few extra router plate inserts out of mdf or plastic or whatever to use after they get holes drilled all over. Set it up so the drill bit hits off center and you’ll be able to rotate and flip the plate to get a fresh surface. Might want to route the lip the plate rests on lower so standard 3/4” mdf fits it.

Tom Bender
02-06-2020, 6:57 PM
When I see a drill press table or vice with holes drilled in it I just shake my head.

Matt Day
02-06-2020, 7:22 PM
When I see a drill press table or vice with holes drilled in it I just shake my head.

What does this have to do with the OP’s post?

Jim Becker
02-06-2020, 9:07 PM
Woodpeckers makes a DP table that's very similar to that router table so conceivably, you can make a nice setup for your DP from a router table as long as the size is acceptable and the insert area falls within the area that the DP quill will go up and down.