PDA

View Full Version : New Grizz Gloat

John Hemenway
12-21-2005, 9:24 AM
Christmas came early. Santa (wearing a FexEx uniform for some reason :cool: ) visited me last night. This is a new 6in. jointer I saw in the 'new tool' section of Pop. Woodworking. It's not on the Grizz site yet.

Seems like a well made machine. Makes a nice cut right out of the box (after some assembly :p ) and the price was amazing.

Now let's see if I can post a pic. I want to keep on the good side of the law. :D

Kent Parker
12-21-2005, 9:37 AM
Looks nice John! I like the back drop.

Does this model have a shorter bed than the G0526? Are the wheels at the base extra?

Kent

Alan Tolchinsky
12-21-2005, 9:47 AM
Looks nice John, enjoy!

Bernie Weishapl
12-21-2005, 9:51 AM
Congrats John. Looks like a fine machine.

John Hemenway
12-21-2005, 9:55 AM
Kent,
I picked it up last night in Petaluma. As you know - lotsa rain!! This is the tarp I covered the boxes with. Thought it'd look better than my ugly garage door. :o I might have to rething my photo setup! :)

Yes bed is 47in. like the 'closeout' jointers. The G0526 is also a spiral head machine and $570 more! :eek:

The wheel system is included. I really like this because it doesn't add expense and height to the machine.

Looks nice John! I like the back drop.

Does this model have a shorter bed than the G0526? Are the wheels at the base extra?

Kent

Roger Bailey
12-21-2005, 10:08 AM
:p Ain't it great how Santa knows just what we want. Is this your first Grizzly purchase? If it was You will be real happy with your choice, if it was not you allready know it was a great choice.:D

Scott Berg
12-21-2005, 1:23 PM
John, nice looking jointer. I really like the built in wheels also, nice touch Grizzly!
Merry Christmas

Jarrod Nelson
12-21-2005, 2:00 PM
Very nice. I just bought the G1182Z a couple weeks ago (still need to get around to posting the gloat). I really like the built in wheel idea on yours. I bought the Shop Fox mobile base. I love the jointer, but I'm not crazy about the base. Oh well. Have fun with your new toy!

John Bailey
12-21-2005, 2:56 PM
John,

Nice haul, let us know how it works. I wonder what else there is at Grizzly that's not on their site?

John

scott spencer
12-21-2005, 4:22 PM
You bought, you gloated, you posted a pic......perfect execution of a gloat! Now go take the "straight and narrow" path with it and be safe!

Merry Christmas to you fer sher!

Dick Parr
12-21-2005, 6:59 PM
Congrats John, Looks like a nice jointer.:) I love all my Grizzly tools.