PDA

View Full Version : Music Video by Aaron Koehl our Server Admin

Keith Outten
01-24-2020, 1:54 PM
This link is to Aaron Koehl's new music video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=jdlZMKbJxHo&app=desktop). Aaron is our Server Administrator here, check out his version of Hallelujah on his piano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdlZMKbJxHo

Bruce Volden
01-24-2020, 2:30 PM
Very nice.

Bruce

Bruce Page
01-24-2020, 2:30 PM
Such a beautiful composition, beautifully played.

Mel Fulks
01-24-2020, 2:31 PM
It's really good ! Keith , thanks for posting.

Dave Anderson NH
01-24-2020, 2:46 PM
Very nicely done Aaron.

John K Jordan
01-24-2020, 3:36 PM
This link is to Aaron Koehl's new music video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=jdlZMKbJxHo&app=desktop). Aaron is our Server Administrator here, check out his version of Hallelujah on his piano.

Thank you, thank your for posting. As a piano player and music lover that sure made my day! I could almost hear Leonard singing along in my mind!

I assume that is Aaaron's composition? Does he improvise a lot?

Excellent from the quiet beginning to the incredibly beautiful ending, seamless timing with wonderful dynamic contrasts throughout - it got my pulse rate up and left me emotionally filled! And it's technically excellent with clean arpeggios. I'll share that with some other pianists I know.

But hmm, my Baldwin didn't come with fireworks like that... :)

JKJ

Lee Schierer
01-24-2020, 3:54 PM
Very nicely done

Paul F Franklin
01-24-2020, 3:57 PM
Very Nice! Obviously Aaron has multiple talents! Aside from the beautiful music, I loved the silver bars, which to me anyway, are reminiscent of the holes in a player piano roll, corresponding to the notes and their intensity. It must have taken quite some work to have those generated and synced to his playing.

Pat Barry
01-24-2020, 7:42 PM
Cool! How is the new site software coming along?

Aaron Koehl
01-30-2020, 12:16 PM
Thank you, thank your for posting. As a piano player and music lover that sure made my day! I could almost hear Leonard singing along in my mind!

I assume that is Aaaron's composition? Does he improvise a lot?

Excellent from the quiet beginning to the incredibly beautiful ending, seamless timing with wonderful dynamic contrasts throughout - it got my pulse rate up and left me emotionally filled! And it's technically excellent with clean arpeggios. I'll share that with some other pianists I know.

But hmm, my Baldwin didn't come with fireworks like that... :)

JKJ

For fireworks, you'll need a Steinway D! Thanks for the wonderful comments. Here's a new one I uploaded today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMsySHi2pi4

John K Jordan
01-30-2020, 4:45 PM
For fireworks, you'll need a Steinway D! Thanks for the wonderful comments. Here's a new one I uploaded today:

Another exceptional audio treat! Thank you.

I'm "stuck" with a 7' Baldwin, an SF10 I bought new in 1980. These days I mostly stick with hymn improv with the time I have.

BTW, I really like how Celine and Andrea combine the languages in their recording. We travel to Italy quite a bit, again in a few months. I would LOVE to catch his summer concert in Tuscany. Maybe someday...

JKJ

Rick Potter
01-31-2020, 12:36 PM
Both are simply beautiful.
Thank you.

Aaron Koehl
02-04-2020, 8:12 PM
Baldwins have a rich history in the US.. I bet it's a beautiful piano. Interestingly enough, hymn improv is among my favorite--I'd love to hear it if you post sometime.

For the rockers, here's something a little "harder hitting" which I put together while recovering from a cold the past 5 days. (yuck!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCnZMj1Oa6E

John K Jordan
02-04-2020, 10:32 PM
Baldwins have a rich history in the US.. I bet it's a beautiful piano. Interestingly enough, hymn improv is among my favorite--I'd love to hear it if you post sometime.

The piano is indeed beautiful. My playing is only beautiful in my mind or to an undiscriminating person. If anyone is listening I say "oops" a lot.
This is one of the Baldwins where the works are made in Germany.

At the time I bought the piano Billy Joel had just been to Knoxville for a fantastic concert - I bought the bench he had sat on for a "song". The local piano store had rented it to him along with a piano. Years later I had the bench recovered and my friend reminded me and wanted a piece of the original naugahyde!

I don't have a recent picture but the piano (and bench!) is in the background behind my son, 20+ years ago. Also back there is a bunch of midi gear - do you need a Kurzweil Midiboard (with individual aftertouch!) or a Yamaha KX88, a stack of Kurzweil synths, midi switcher, reverb, mixer, etc? All that is stored away now - when I have time to plink I want the real thing!

I'm hot in the middle of preparing a Sunday lesson for 50 kids but I'll put your latest offering on my play list. BTW, I found an old videos or two on youtube associated with your name. Lively!.

JKJ