PDA

View Full Version : Laser Water Cooler

Brian Leavitt
01-24-2020, 10:38 AM
I was disassembling an old air line cooler/dryer and I thought maybe I'd like to repurpose this part of it as a water cooler for my Chinese laser. It originally had R134A running through it, but obviously that was evacuated already.

I know it would not be as good as an actual refrigerated cooler, but it's got to be better than the igloo cooler filled with water that I've been using. Plus I don't use that particular laser very often, and when I do, it doesn't run for all that long.

Anyone know of any particular reason not to do this? I'm far from an HVAC expert.

Thanks,
B

Bill George
01-24-2020, 11:00 AM
Your going to need to flush the oil out of it and it will only cool the water down to within a couple degrees of room temp and it thats good enough, go for it.

Brian Leavitt
01-24-2020, 2:11 PM
Your going to need to flush the oil out of it and it will only cool the water down to within a couple degrees of room temp and it thats good enough, go for it.
That's pretty much what I was thinking, and I'm happy with that given how little this machine gets used. Thanks, Bill.