PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy 23 ga Brads/Pins?

Vaughn McMillan
12-21-2005, 4:39 AM
Where can I purchase 23 gauge brads for a pin nailer? None of my local BORGs or neighborhood hardware stores seem to carry them. Online, I didn't see anything on the McFeely's site, and all my other go-to online tool places don't seem to have them. I see Harbor Freight sells them, but only in the 1/2" length. I was hoping for more choices. Suggestions? Also, what size do you find you use the most? (Although it's not like they're so expensive you can't afford to have a pack of about every length in stock.)

TIA -

- Vaughn

Alan Turner
12-21-2005, 6:13 AM
Grex sells a line of 23 ga. pins in sizes form 3/8" to 1 3/8", in boxes of 2500, which is a better size for most. They range from about $6 to $10, but I don't know a delaer for them. You might try a google, as I got mine when I picked up the Grex at the Phila. WW show. The rep said that the Grex nailer works with all the major pin makes, so I am just assuming that the converse (inverse?) is also true, but am not sure, of course. Also, there is a guy with an ebay store that sells 23 ga. pins in a variety of sizes that did not seem to spendy, but I have no experience with him.

Per Swenson
12-21-2005, 6:19 AM
Hey Vaughn,

Its as easy as Amazon.

Hope this helps.

Per

fred woltersdorf
12-21-2005, 6:55 AM
here's where i bought my nailer and pins from.http://www.internationaltool.com/grexnailer.htm

Ben Abate
12-21-2005, 7:40 AM
Vaughn,

I have been thinking of buying one myself, I have spoke to a few fellows and they all think the Grex, Cadex and the Omar are all good. The best is suppose to be the Omar. I will not use it as often as some of the other fellows but for a few dollars more I believe I will buy the Omar. I have spoke to Hank at Select Machinery in New York. Pretty nice fellow. His phone no. is 718-897-3937 Elaine will answer the phone, she is also very nice to work with. I have purchase from them before.

Ben

Philip Glover
12-21-2005, 7:44 AM
Vaughn,

Try Duo-Fast at http://www.nailersandstaplers.com/
They have every size that is made and good prices too.

Phil Glover

tod evans
12-21-2005, 8:08 AM
i buy senco from our local industrial supply house.

John Miliunas
12-21-2005, 8:59 AM
Had the same problem when I got my PC pinner. Found some readily available at Grizzly!:) :cool:

Charlie Plesums
12-21-2005, 9:52 AM
My local woodcraft stocks them, so I expect they are also available through Woodcraft.com

I only use 3/4 inch because my volume of use is small and that is what I have, and haven't wished for longer or shorter yet.

Jim DeLaney
12-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Where can I purchase 23 gauge brads for a pin nailer? None of my local BORGs or neighborhood hardware stores seem to carry them. Online, I didn't see anything on the McFeely's site, and all my other go-to online tool places don't seem to have them. I see Harbor Freight sells them, but only in the 1/2" length. I was hoping for more choices. Suggestions? Also, what size do you find you use the most? (Although it's not like they're so expensive you can't afford to have a pack of about every length in stock.)

TIA -

- Vaughn

Try Austin Hardwoods, over in Santa Ana.

Anthony Anderson
12-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Buy mine from Amazon. They sell an assortment pack with various lengths, and they sell straight packs. Buy three or four packs and get free shipping. HTH, Bill

Lee DeRaud
12-21-2005, 10:46 AM
If you're in a hurry, there's a Woodcraft in Stanton on Beach Blvd. They sell the PC pins, which go up to 1", IIRC...about $5/2000.

(Rockler does not carry them: I've already given the manager of my local one some grief about this.)

Steve Clardy
12-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Ebay. Box of 10,000 for about seven dollars. Best deal I've found. Get several boxes to save on shipping

Wes Bischel
12-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Vaughn,
I went through the same thing last month! I ended up ordering from Grizzly a series of PC pins. They had the best price (including shipping and tax) that I found - $3.95 2000count no matter the length. It was funny to see them when they arrived - they are such small little boxes compared to 18ga and 16ga brads.:)

http://www.grizzly.com/products/items-list.aspx?key=190030

FWIW,
Wes

Lee DeRaud
12-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Ebay. Box of 10,000 for about seven dollars. Best deal I've found. Get several boxes to save on shippingThat gives the phrase "lifetime supply" a whole new meaning.:eek:

john lawson
12-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I bought this pin nailer off Ebay two years ago, seems to work well, though I have not used it often. It came with Porter Cable pin nails.

http://www.toolmarts.com/product1407.html

Vaughn McMillan
12-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks, all. I dunno why my searches on Amazon and the Grizzly site came up empty. (I'm pretty sure I checked both places, but I apparently didn't try the right search terms.)

Thanks again -

- Vaughn

John Miliunas
12-21-2005, 1:21 PM
Thanks, all. I dunno why my searches on Amazon and the Grizzly site came up empty. (I'm pretty sure I checked both places, but I apparently didn't try the right search terms.)

Thanks again -

- Vaughn

Vaughn, here's the Grizz page: http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2005/main/184

Good luck in your search! :) :cool:

Steve Clardy
12-21-2005, 4:08 PM
That gives the phrase "lifetime supply" a whole new meaning.:eek:

Yes it does Lee. I use a lot of them.:)