PDA

View Full Version : True Story

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-21-2005, 1:41 AM
The Monday before Christmas and all through the store, woodworkers and friends were unloading the shelves.

When what should appear but a husband in search for that Special gift for his wife...................a Rikon 70-100 mini lathe.

I jumped to the terminal and with deft keystrokes found that we had sold all but ONE ..................the demo!

That would NEVER do. A New Turner getting a used lathe? Not while I'm around. I looked at the boss and said that I had a solution.

Still in my van is my new unopened Rikon Lathe. HMMMMMM ............ I don't need it till after the New Year, when my jet leaves for another home.

Let's give her mine and order another one in for me. OK by you, boss?

Sure.......why not! Winners all around!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! HO HO HO!

Just seemed like the right thing to do!

Bruce;)

Dennis Peacock
12-21-2005, 2:21 AM
Mighty nice of you Bruce..!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D You ol' softy you.!!;)

Keith Christopher
12-21-2005, 3:12 AM
VERY NICE ! oh and the Rikon is an excellent lathe you'll be VERY happy with it.

Richard Gillespie
12-21-2005, 6:55 AM
Bruce;

That was very nice of you. I sure hope that the husband was very appreciative of what you did for him. He probably had brief visions of his head rolling because of not having a gift (DAMHIKT).

Rick

John Hart
12-21-2005, 7:40 AM
Bruce...That is just so YOU!!!! And a wonderful gesture for sure. I'm proud to know you.

Hey! Where's your hat?

Keith Burns
12-21-2005, 8:04 AM
Very cool thing to do Bruce:) :) :)

Mark Cothren
12-21-2005, 8:21 AM
Good for you, Bruce! Two thumbs up!

John Miliunas
12-21-2005, 8:51 AM
Awesome move there Sant....errrrrr....Bruce!:rolleyes: :D A very gracious move on your part and one lucky husband!!!:) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2005, 8:54 AM
And a Very Merry Christmas to you too, Bruce!

Andy Hoyt
12-21-2005, 9:16 AM
Nice move? Sure! Nice gesture? Yup. Bruce is a nice guy? Absitively!

But I see a stealth upgrade gloat in there.

Tom Hamilton
12-21-2005, 9:21 AM
Now there's a MAN who knows how to take care of his wife. Well done. :) Merry Christmas. Tom

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-21-2005, 1:23 PM
Thanks all...................................But the real reason I did it was to get another one HOOKED...............................OOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOPS LOOK OUT FOR THE SLIPPERY SLOPE!!!!!!!!!!

:p :p :p :p :D :D :D :p :p

Bruce;)

Ernie Nyvall
12-21-2005, 3:28 PM
Thanks all...................................But the real reason I did it was to get another one ...

Bruce;)

So Andy did nail you to the wall.:D

Really though, I don't think you would have thought of it if it weren't in your heart to be a good guy. Nice going Bruce.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
12-21-2005, 3:45 PM
Bruce I was going to say you were a old softie. I reread the post and you are a pretty sly old dog. :D :D

Great move Bruce.