PDA

View Full Version : OK this is ridiculous. Buy this 10" blade now.

Dave Zellers
01-21-2020, 1:00 AM
I did this one time before but in the Deals and Discounts thread where it would be missed by many plus it was considerably more expensive than this .

I track this blade on Amazon. I have no affiliation whatsoever. I love it. I own 2 of these and now have a third one on the way that I actually don't need but this is cheaper than having a blade resharpened. (I think).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MQOOGI $22.65 Someone has lost their mind.

This is a magnificent thin kerf blade for a chop saw, SCMS, radial arm saw or table saw for cross cutting or thin ripping that is cheaper and better than you will ever find.

Just do it before it goes away.

Vijay Kumar
01-21-2020, 1:26 AM
Terrific deal. I need a 12 inch though.

Darcy Warner
01-21-2020, 7:03 AM
Made by tenryu I believe

Michelle Rich
01-21-2020, 7:25 AM
thanks for the heads up..

John K Jordan
01-21-2020, 7:46 AM
I think most people know, but for those who don't, the camelcamelcamel.com web site will track Amazon prices and send you an email notification when the price drops enough to suit you. To set it up find the item on Amazon, copy the URL for the item and paste it into the box at the top of the camel page and type in your threshold price.

They track prices over time and give you a graph. For the saw blade under discussion:

Before I buy something I sometimes check their graph to make sure the current price is not way above the "normal" price. If so, I might track the price for a while and buy it when it comes down again.

But if you see a great price, you might want to decide quickly! In 2014 I was tracking a Brown&Sharpe dial test indicator which normally goes for about $250. I got an email saying it dropped to $47 and bought it immediately. Twenty minutes later it was back to the "normal" price. It's a great addition to my little machine shop.

I think Camelcamelcamel.com makes their money from the small click-thru fee they get when you click the "Buy at Amazon" button on their web site.

JKJ

Tom Dixon
01-21-2020, 7:54 AM
I didn't hesitate for a second. Order placed. I have 2 of the 70 tooth version for my Makita LS1013 that I alternate when I need one sharpened. Having the 80 tooth version at this price is awesome. Maybe I should have bought 2...

Greg Parrish
01-21-2020, 7:57 AM
I didn't hesitate for a second. Order placed. I have 2 of the 70 tooth version for my Makita LS1013 that I alternate when I need one sharpened. Having the 80 tooth version at this price is awesome. Maybe I should have bought 2...

I did. Thanks for the tip OP

Tom M King
01-21-2020, 7:59 AM
Thanks! I ordered one. I think I can use it on the 10-1/4" circular saw.

Mark e Kessler
01-21-2020, 8:05 AM
I did a ton of testing on a lot of different blades (but not a forrest) for my makita 10” scms and this one was the best of the bunch, I paid $33 in Jan of 2019. I would never use it in a table saw, radial arm saw but for a scms it’s a no brainer for a throw away blade..

I did this one time before but in the Deals and Discounts thread where it would be missed by many plus it was considerably more expensive than this .

I track this blade on Amazon. I have no affiliation whatsoever. I love it. I own 2 of these and now have a third one on the way that I actually don't need but this is cheaper than having a blade resharpened. (I think).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MQOOGI $22.65 Someone has lost their mind.

This is a magnificent thin kerf blade for a chop saw, SCMS, radial arm saw or table saw for cross cutting or thin ripping that is cheaper and better than you will ever find.

Just do it before it goes away.

Steve Rozmiarek
01-21-2020, 8:42 AM
Wow, yes and that is a great blade!

michael langman
01-21-2020, 9:41 AM
Got one. Thanks Dave.

Robert Engel
01-21-2020, 9:59 AM
I would hesitate to it in a table saw because of the hook angle.

Am I wrong in thinking that?

Tom M King
01-21-2020, 10:13 AM
It's a crosscut blade.

Matt Day
01-21-2020, 10:22 AM
I didn’t buy one because I need a 12”, but thanks for posting in the General forum. As you said no one goes into the D&D section anymore.

Michael Alu
01-21-2020, 11:18 AM
Just scooped up one. Nice find.

Ron Selzer
01-21-2020, 11:46 AM
Grabbed one for my new miter saw
Thanks

Von Bickley
01-21-2020, 9:35 PM
It might be a great blade, but I quit buying thin kerf blades.

Terry Wawro
01-21-2020, 9:43 PM
Thanks. My SCMS was cutting rough so this is great.

Larry Edgerton
01-22-2020, 5:14 AM
I would hesitate to it in a table saw because of the hook angle.

Am I wrong in thinking that?

One blade can not do all those things, you are correct. A tablesaw wants a positive hook angle, but a positive hook angle on a radial arm saw is a disaster waiting to happen for example.

Mark e Kessler
01-22-2020, 6:36 AM
ok, but this blade performed much better than few $100+ full kerf blades on a scms. I don’t use or even like thin kerf blades but this one performs, too bad though I don’t even use it anymore unless i am using it for what it was designed for - construction so I wouldn’t use an 80 tooth blade anyway but if you are trying to achieve a furniture quality cut this blade will get you close

It might be a great blade, but I quit buying thin kerf blades.

John Lanciani
01-24-2020, 3:21 PM
Got mine yesterday, a little disappointed to see that they are made in Thailand. :(

Tom Dixon
01-24-2020, 3:35 PM
Got mine yesterday, a little disappointed to see that they are made in Thailand. :(

Why? If Makita quality control passed it there should be no reason to be disappointed. Were you expecting it to be made in Japan? Surely you weren't expecting it to be made in the US. Not for $22

We live in a global economy and there is quite a lot of quality manufacturing coming out of Thailand. I got mine too and I'm extremely happy with it same as I am with my two 70 tooth blades I already had for my Makita LS1013.

Dave Zellers
01-24-2020, 5:18 PM
Were you expecting it to be made in Japan?

That made me smile. I'm 68 and grew up hearing that as the most derogatory comment one could make.

Pat Barry
01-24-2020, 5:25 PM
Buy now at $29.64

Dave Zellers
01-24-2020, 5:30 PM
Yeah sales like that usually only last a few days.

Joe Jensen
01-24-2020, 7:34 PM
Looks like a good deal. Be aware of Hook angle. Miter saws and RAS need blades with negative hook angle which pushes the wood down and back into the fence. Table saw blades have a positive hook angle to pull the wood down to the table. Google saw blade hook angle for more info. Using the wrong hook angle adds lots of danger. This is why so many people got into trouble with Radial Arm Saws. Put a positive hook angle on an RAS and it pulls the wood up off the table and into the blade, sometimes with your hand.

Bob Jones 5443
01-24-2020, 11:41 PM
So what's the verdict? Use this is a 3 HP table saw or not?

How about some of you guys who snapped this up giving us a progress update after you've run a few hundred feet of wood through it?

Bob Jones 5443
01-24-2020, 11:43 PM
A few days ago it hit rock bottom: $22.65. Now it's back "up" to $29.64, which seems to be the price it's hovered around for the past three years.

Frederick Skelly
01-25-2020, 7:42 AM
Terrific deal. I need a 12 inch though.

Me too. Darn shame.

Bill Space
01-26-2020, 2:30 PM
I ordered one which is supposed to be delivered today. I specifically remember thinking I was surprised there was free shipping for an under $25 purchase, but did not think twice about it.

Saw the comments in the posts above, and decided to check my order. Well, it says I paid $29 and change, plus tax, with free shipping.

Not sure what happened. I have seen shady things happen on Amazon before. Could be the price changed when I went to the check out screen and I did not notice it. Will not break the bank but I am learning to be cautious when buying from Amazon.

Another example is free shipping that you only get if you notice they are charging shipping, and then go to a different screen, where you have to specifically choose free shipping, although the listing clearly says free shipping. They default to charging you, rather than making free shipping the default, and letting you choose to pay something if you want it sooner. Even though free shipping has arrived the next day in my case...

This is becoming an Amazon rant! Have you ever noticed that if you chose to buy more than one of something, multiple quantities of the same item are sometimes significantly more expensive than buying the same item one at a time?

Anyway, I am sure I will like the blade...

Terry Wawro
02-07-2020, 9:43 PM
Dave, thank you so much for posting this. I bought one for my miter saw and it cuts like butter. For only $23 I could not be happier. My only regret is not buying several!