PDA

View Full Version : XACTA-Lift Keep it or sell it?

Steve Bujalski
01-20-2020, 10:38 AM
Hi Guys,

Over Christmas I found a new Jet Xacta-Lift (https://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/xacta-lift-with-deluxe-fence/708124) on clearance for less than $140. I bought it up without doing my research first, which is unusual. I received it via UPS and it was in new unopened condition.

After a little research I am starting to second guess my purchase. I understand that it is a JessEm 1st generation lift and I don't have a table to put it in yet. Should I use it and is so what are the major limitations? Or should I sell it and look for a newer model?

I'm a newbie but try to have quality tooling.

TIA
Steve

Andrew Seemann
01-20-2020, 11:00 AM
You might want to post your location. There probably are some folks here who would be willing to take it off your hands.

mike stenson
01-20-2020, 11:05 AM
For less than $140 I'd have probably picked it up.

Jim Becker
01-20-2020, 3:01 PM
What are your actual concerns with this lift product? Brand new at that low cost is pretty compelling, honestly...

Eduard Nemirovsky
01-20-2020, 3:42 PM
$400 insert for $150. I would keep it, if planning to use or sell it.
Ed.

Dave Sabo
01-22-2020, 8:45 AM
It's a good lift.

The drawbacks ( to some ) are that lift handle is flat amd close to the table. Which makes it a knuckle buster.

It is also designed 90 deg . to every other plate with the long edge oriented front to back. That makes it difficult to have a miter slot. And if you do squeeze one in ; makes for a long uncomfortable reach to adjust the fence and change bits.

The fence doesn't easily allow for accessories either. These last two negate using feather boards to manage your stock.

Steve Bujalski
01-23-2020, 11:24 AM
Dave, That’s the info I was looking for...more of a pro and con. I looked up me order and I paid $133.47 for it with free shipping.

My my plan is to build a table to fit it.