PDA

View Full Version : Finish Nailers

Casey Niland
12-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Back on the 16th I asked about a good set of nail guns. I got some very good help/info in what to look for and buy. To finish my Christmas quest I have a couple more questions I'd like input on; First "PC vs Senco" Finish, Brad, staplers, and their 3 tool kits? Also I am getting mixed information on a 16G vs 15G Finish Gun. Do I need both or only one of the two? And if only one which one. Last, is it more advantageous to have an angle finisher?

Thanks for any and all the help, and suggestions.

Casey

Russ Massery
12-20-2005, 10:37 PM
I have a PC 15ga angle finish nailer, The only real advantage you can get it into tighter spaces.

Anthony Anderson
12-20-2005, 10:58 PM
I have the 15 gauge PC, and it is a good gun, never had a problem with it. If you are going to do a lot of interior finish work and not much woodworking then I would go with the 15ga. As Russ said it gets into a little tighter areas due to the angle of the magazine. Although I don't think that you will run into too many situations where the 16ga. will not work for you. I feel the 16 ga is a good balance that allows you to have one gun that you can use for both woodworking and finish carpentry. HTH, Bill

Cecil Arnold
12-20-2005, 11:07 PM
I let my $$ vote for Senco, but the question is like asking if Ford is better than Chevy IMHO, but then I drive a Toyota.

Dave Lehnert
12-20-2005, 11:14 PM
I have a lot of Senco guns and never a problem (hobby use). Just purchased the 15ga. Nailer and it works GREAT!!! The 3 gun kit they have is a good buy IMHO.