PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable 75182 still worth buying?

Bob Jones 5443
01-16-2020, 4:04 AM
Are the made-in-Mexico Type 3 units reliable? I read some negative comments online.

Mike Kees
01-16-2020, 10:28 AM
Bob I own and use 5 different Porter cable routers. Mine are 690's and a 7539. Some are made in U.S. and some in Mexico,in my mind there is no difference.One of my 690's has been used on my framing crew for at least 12 years (made in Mexico) that machine has been used and abused and put away wet,yet it just keeps on going strong. Not sure why people think there is something better about the American made ones. YMMV.

Mark Hockenberg
01-16-2020, 10:46 AM
Bob - I also have an arsenal of PC routers, big and small. I've run my 75182s forever and they just keep going. That said, I've seen a lot of great comments on the big Milwaukee motor on this forum - It makes me think they're worth a look.

Steve Fish
01-16-2020, 11:12 AM
I’ve had a pair of 692s, one older one newer. I can’t tell the difference between the two and never felt the need to look. I also have the new 75182 in a table for the last 7 months without a hiccup. Knock on wood i guess. I didn’t bother with reading the reviews, and maybe I should have. I’m not sure any negative reviews would of swayed that decision because my experience with the other PC routers has been good. Lastly I have a little trim router and I never really expected much from it when I bought it. I will be looking elsewhere for the next one of those but that’s for mostly personal preference reasons