PDA

View Full Version : Machine clean up..

jack duren
01-13-2020, 12:53 PM
I need to clean a piece of equipment up without getting rough with it. Lacquer thinner will clean it but I don like removing paint in the process. I'm thinking mineral spirit. Any suggestions without getting aggressive? Thx....

Charles Taylor
01-13-2020, 1:07 PM
Mineral spirits is my usual choice. Occasionally I try kerosene or acetone if mineral spirits isn't doing the job, or Simple Green if I want to try something gentler first.

Darcy Warner
01-13-2020, 1:59 PM
Go to dollar general and get some totally awesome

jack duren
01-13-2020, 3:26 PM
I'll try some simple green as I have some here I use it to clean the furnace. I'll pick up some of the awesome as well... I can handle saw dust just don't like foreign things like oils on my tools. Drives me bunkers....thx

mike stenson
01-13-2020, 3:38 PM
I generally use diesel.

Jeff Duncan
01-13-2020, 8:18 PM
I generally use a can spray foaming cleaner/degreaser since I don't like to use solvents for something like this. If you get a half decent one it should get everything off that will come off.... at least it has for me.

good luck,
JeffD

jack duren
01-13-2020, 8:26 PM
Simple green seems to work on most with some elbow grease. If I can find my rubbing compound it should be enough to satisfy me....

It's the newer Delta color and not the older. Prefer the older. Reminds me of JET...ugh. ...

Mark e Kessler
01-13-2020, 8:35 PM
Zep purple works pretty darn well