PDA

View Full Version : HELP I have a deadline..(December 24, 2005)

Bill Hanlon
12-20-2005, 3:15 PM
SOme fat guy in a red outfit has a problem with his wooden sled and it has to be fixed by saturday the 24th of December. The runners are shot, the back is big enough to hold only 27,000 tons of toys and gifts, the paint job is bad and the wood of the "sled" is rotting from too many years of use..
I am taking on the runners as i like to sand and glue but can use some help.. but i need help and the other areas need redesign rework and only our creative genius to get his fat XXX and the toys off the ground without the darn thing falling apart just south of the north pole in Greenland (Who lives in Greenland on purpose?).

I will be giving progress reports and expect the same from all the other teams..

Thank you all for being there, and Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

BILL:D

Bill Hanlon
12-21-2005, 2:24 PM
He is staying at my home until his sled is fixed and I am working so hard. But, he eats like he is going into hybernation. His dinner last night was only 5 chickens, 4 turtle doves, 3 french hens, (do yuou know how hard it is to find french hens in CA), 2 calling birds and a partridge he shot out of our tree. The shot naturally scared the neighbous and caused the raindeer to poop all over my lawn. Now i have that to clean up the lawn before the stench gets any worse and he wants more.
I moved the rain deer to the back of the home as most of the neighbors thought i was one-up-man-ship as to lawn decorations and one guy is hiring some pregnant woman to have a baby on his lawn in a little shelter he is creating to represent the manger scene. Jeeseeeeeeeeeee.
The runners were steamed, formed and laminated last night and dry this morning. now to get the best edge on them and a good wax to make the take off easier.

John Miliunas
12-21-2005, 2:51 PM
Wow Bob, you've got quite the dilema and project on your hands there! Wish I lived closer, so that I could help out. In the meantime, please let me give you a hand for your efforts: "Clap, clap, clap". :D (Oh drat, there go those lights on and off again! Need to have that checked out!:rolleyes: ) Good luck!!!:D :cool:

Rob Bourgeois
12-21-2005, 3:24 PM
You know it looks like its going to be pretty clear this year. I fhe gets hungry again, you might be able to use that deer with the blinking nose for supper.

I would help, but I think he is stopping by here to pick up some toys..at least that what it looks like in my shop right now.

Andy Hoyt
12-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Bill - sure sounds like you've got a truckload of trouble to deal with. But I have to admit, I'm having trouble visualizing all of this.

Could'ja post a photo or two?:D

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Bill..................Wish I could help, but all I do is itty bitty.

You have my BEST wishes in getting the project done. I know that there are a bunch of kids out there counting on you getting him airborn in time.

Bruce

John Hart
12-22-2005, 4:21 AM
I bent up an Itty Bitty Sled last Spring....Too little for the fat man...sorry. Maybe an elf or two?

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Now that is beautiful, John. It has "ELFIN" charm.

Bruce

Gary DeWitt
12-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Great sled, John! What/who did you make it for? It looks like a replica of one from the late 1800s or early 1900s, did you create it from scratch, or did you find a plan/picture somewhere to follow?

John Hart
12-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Last spring, my kid's piano teacher was talking about her dog sled. She showed me the one she had and...well....you know me..I just had to make one. So I learned how to make my own steam box and how to bend wood and gave it a shot. The design is sorta from memory of the teacher's sled and a lot of "make it up as I go along" kinda thing.

But...Thanks for the comments! I just keep it on the mantel.:)

Keith Burns
12-22-2005, 1:00 PM
Don't mean to hijack this thread but John, that is an absolutely amazing sled. Your talent continues to amaze me:)

Andy Hoyt
12-22-2005, 1:09 PM
Oh heck - Hijack away! John, that's byoootiful. Looks like it's right out of the LL Bean Catalog. Hmmm. Think I'll go check:D

Bill Hanlon
12-22-2005, 2:17 PM
If anyone wants i can send part of it out to ya all to help.. This fat guy just brought over a bevy of "little" people and they eat as much as him.. and dirty My god. they spend the day singing in some choclate factory then at night make toys or eattttttttttttttttt.
The thing about the red nose is a good idea but I found out it was just some sick animal.. Now i had to take that to the vet.. and the fat guy had no money.. i burned the sled and yelled at the little people to get their collective xxx's in gear and get some wood for the sled. so during the night all the trees in our neighborhood are now planks. my neighbors called the cops from being up all night and i have a huge stack of green lumber where my driveway was. lesson becareful what you ask for you may get it..
the pregnant woman the guy hired to one up me is now screaming in false labor and i am pounding nails into the Ark like sled. the kids around the place are cheering me on while they take turns sitting on the fat guy's lap then they throw their candy and soda containers all over my yard. The county welfare people are screaming at me seems they think i am running some sort of day school without a license. i yelled back to take the kids, they were a pain in the butt anyway. now i am a kid hater....ack i just cant win.. the sled is coming along and i may have it finished by tomorrow.
one note ... if that darn easter bunny comes over and expects the same he is gonna be dinner.
to date i have 12 citations for disturbing the peace, 11 maids milking the deer as they are all female and now i have to pay them, 10 government officials trying to hang me for holding up christmas. 9 raindeer eating and pooping all over my yard, 8 trucks pulling up to deliver take out happy meals for an army (the fat guy and his band of little people), 7 cops in cars patrolling my block just waiting for some silly infraction so they can shoot me,,,,, On and on.. this Christmas is going to be memorable.

John Hart
12-22-2005, 2:18 PM
You guys are too much...Thanks though:o

So I'm just dyin' to see what Bill is laminating and bending. Methinks this is a tease!!!