PDA

View Full Version : Rikon 10-324 owners: Guide post alignment advice

Stark Suggs
01-10-2020, 2:23 PM
Im probably doing something wrong here, so a little direction/advice would be greatly appreciated with this guide post alignment situation. Initially, the change between the blade and guides was minimal and could be quickly corrected. Recently, it got worse. All 3 top bearings had to be adjusted every 4th or 5th use of the saw. The space with the guides at the top and bottom differed quite a lot....the average was approx 1/8", which is too much. The space is widest at the top and touching the guides at the bottom. So, I am looking at a front to back and side to side shift...that I wonder why its shifting in the first place? Anyway, directly behind the wheel on the back are 4 bolts. The manual discusses loosening all of them... then, using the 2 bolts on the right, 2 on the left, 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom...one set at a time and adjusting 4 set screws from the front inside the cover.....each set screw working with the bolt on the other side. Here is the manual if anyone would like to see https://www.rikontools.com/manuals/10-324.pdf pages 18 and 19 give the photos and description. The top left set screw is inaccessible. Its location is directly behind the wheel. The picture makes this screw visible for illustration purposes I guess. Getting a nice lengthy t-handle allen wrench obviously will not work, trying to reach it with a L shaped one is the same (due to the tight space between the wheel and back cover). The other 3 screws are easy to reach making the bolt/setscrew adjustment possible . So, as I see this situation..... Ive got a guide post misalignment due to a set screw that cannot be accessed in order to make the necessary changes? Curiosity really has a hold on me. Forgot to mention that none of the other adjusting screws on the blade guide have been monkeyed around with.

Thanks for reading.

SWS

Randy Heinemann
01-10-2020, 2:54 PM
I own a 325 and have not had this problem. Have you called Rikon? In the past, at least, I've found their support to be very helpful. I confess I don't completely understand why this is a problem, but they might.

Stark Suggs
01-11-2020, 2:13 PM
Thanks Randy. I agree re Rikon...After spending more time on the issue at hand, I finally took the wheel off (to access the top left screw to make adjustments to it). Then removed the guide post (with attached gear box) and got VERY educated on how the box works.....putting it back on now with some final touches. Looks good

SWS

Randy Heinemann
01-12-2020, 1:14 PM
Glad you fixed it, but I'm not sure what caused the problem to begin with.