PDA

View Full Version : Curio done

Steve Ash
12-20-2005, 3:01 PM
I built a curio for a Christmas present for a customer and thought I'd put up a couple of pictures of it. Of course the John Deere tractors did not go with it.....he was very pleased with the results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/curio1.jpg

Steve Ash
12-20-2005, 3:02 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/curio2.jpg

Steve Ash
12-20-2005, 3:03 PM
Thanks for looking

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1313.jpg

tod evans
12-20-2005, 3:04 PM
nice job steve, looks good in green.

Dave Richards
12-20-2005, 3:07 PM
Very nice. Thumbs up on that one.

Keith July
12-20-2005, 5:11 PM
Very nice...I can see why he was in a hurry to get it home.
Hey !! What kind of wood is that?
Keith

Anthony Anderson
12-20-2005, 5:15 PM
Steve That is Beautiful. Now are you temted to make one for the tractors? Probably already in the works. Great Craftsmanship. Bill

Karl Laustrup
12-20-2005, 5:31 PM
Great looking cabinet Steve. I'm sure the recipient was pleased.

That JD green certainly does look good in there. :D

Merry Christmas. I know you'll be enjoying the peace and quiet. ;) :D

Karl

Bernie Weishapl
12-20-2005, 5:35 PM
That is a good looking cabinet Steve. Looks pretty good with JD green.

Andy Hoyt
12-20-2005, 5:38 PM
JD Green look darned good everywhere. But this cabinet really makes it glow. Well done, Steve.

John Timberlake
12-20-2005, 5:52 PM
Great job. I like the proportions and the openness. Displays the tractors very nicely. I also like the collection.

Vaughn McMillan
12-20-2005, 6:08 PM
Looks real nice, Steve. The glass back really opens it up visually. I'll bet your customer was very pleased. Is that another one I see hiding in the background?

- Vaughn

Steve Ash
12-20-2005, 6:20 PM
Thanks guys...Keith it is Oak...bet you thought it was gonna be Ash again...yes Vaughan it is another cabinet in the background...a gun cabinet for another person for Christmas. Good eyes. I'm kinda partial to John Deere (even though I have a IH now...shop tour pics) grew up farming 1600 acres with Green machines.

Don Baer
12-20-2005, 6:34 PM
Steve,
Great looking curio, I'll be interested in seeing the gun cabinate when it's done. My yougest son wants me to make one for him. Only problem is he wants to display the guns horisontaly rather then vertically.

I like you shop tour also.

John Miliunas
12-20-2005, 7:01 PM
Well done, monkey face...errrrrrrrrrr, Steve! :D You're right...I'm surprised it wasn't done in Ash, too! Beautiful collection of Green there, as well. So what's the recipient going to display in it, do you know? Whatever it is, that cabinet is sure to bring it to the forefront. I best not show that one to the LOML, as she's got tons of stuff she's collected! Sadly, I don't believe I could make one as nice! :o Great job, my friend!:) :cool:

Corey Hallagan
12-20-2005, 7:24 PM
That is great, Steve! Beautiful piece!

Corey

Jason Tuinstra
12-20-2005, 7:36 PM
Steve, looks good. Looks like it's going to fit the need just perfectly.

Matt Meiser
12-20-2005, 7:57 PM
I like a lot in the first picture, but something is wrong after that. I just can't place my finger on it....:D

Steve Ash
12-20-2005, 8:44 PM
Steve,
Great looking curio, I'll be interested in seeing the gun cabinate when it's done. My yougest son wants me to make one for him. Only problem is he wants to display the guns horisontaly rather then vertically.

I like you shop tour also.

Don, although it isn't quite done, I do have a picture of what it will look like. I built this one a few years ago and it is exactly like the one I am building now....excuse the clutter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/GardenBay/100_1320.jpg

Steve Ash
12-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Well done, monkey face...errrrrrrrrrr, Steve! :D You're right...I'm surprised it wasn't done in Ash, too! Beautiful collection of Green there, as well. So what's the recipient going to display in it, do you know? Whatever it is, that cabinet is sure to bring it to the forefront. I best not show that one to the LOML, as she's got tons of stuff she's collected! Sadly, I don't believe I could make one as nice! :o Great job, my friend!:) :cool:

Missed your question John, sorry. She has a dog grooming business and has a lot of dog figurines she wants to display.....I guess the John Deere thing wasn't her cup of tea :D

And I am sure you could build one just as nice....probably it would be a lot better! ( I can even loan you my tractor collection )

Jim Becker
12-21-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm sure that your customer will find your work really 'Deere'... :D LOL

Nice job!