PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Ed Breen
12-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Ihave cross threaded the collet holder on my DeWalt 625. As I look at the scematic it is part of the motor. Would I be advised to take it in to the factory store in Tulsa or to buy a replacement?
Thanks for any input.
Ed:confused: :confused:
From the west headingt east

Sam Shank
12-20-2005, 1:38 PM
I had a fan break on my Freud FT2000E. A tiny screw was attracted to the powerful magents.

The whole armature needed to be replaced. It would have cost $160 just for the part. I paid 185 for the whole router.

You may be shopping for a new router. Call the repair place to be sure.

Steve Clardy
12-20-2005, 1:44 PM
Give the repair center a call on repair cost Ed.
Don't know about dewalt, but on porter cable, parts like that, which the collet end is attached to the armature, you have to replace the armature, or buy a new motor assembly. New routers are not much more than the cost of repairs or a new motor.

Ed Breen
12-20-2005, 2:02 PM
Hey Steve,
I just called the factory store in Tulsa, the clerk quoted me about $150. That would include a rebuild with new brushes etc. finished after New Years. He then tells me the unit is currently listed at $250.
Guess i'll bring it in and have them do it. I use it primarily for spinning large cutters.
Hope everything is OK in Mo.
Ed

Steve Clardy
12-20-2005, 2:05 PM
Doesn't sound to bad.
Waiting on Santa Claus here in MO.
How's Muskogee and you getting along?

Ed Breen
12-20-2005, 3:09 PM
Steve,
Quiet as usual. Getting ready to do a photo shoot and board for a circular going to the state and county purchasing agents showing our line of products. May shake up some new business for the workshop.
Ed;) ;)