PDA

View Full Version : It's coming!!

roger wiegand
01-03-2020, 1:53 PM
Just got the notice that my new AB lathe has left Barneveld. Already in Lordstown, should reach the terminal here by Monday. I'm seriously excited!

(This was a present from my wife to help ease the pain of the latest ends-in-zero, big number birthday. It's working! Have I mentioned that I love my wife?)

I'm installing a dust collector dedicated to sanding dust from the lathe up in the hayloft today, need to start clearing the path from the front door back to where the lathe will sit. Ramps to get me up the couple of small steps are constructed and ready to be rolled on. Rainy days next week, but no serious snow in the forecast, so fingers crossed.

ChrisA Edwards
01-03-2020, 2:13 PM
Congratulations on both the lathe and your birthday.

Jeff Clode
01-03-2020, 10:13 PM
Congratulations on your wonderful wife!

Eugene Dixon
01-04-2020, 10:19 AM
Before turning anything, I suggest you put a good coat of (car) wax on all surfaces except the legs. And congrats.

roger wiegand
01-04-2020, 10:53 AM
This morning its about 20 miles away in Shrewsbury, MA. Hope it doesn't take a week for the final leg! Truck shipping is remarkably efficient, with the online tracking you can see where it is every couple hundred miles.

Reed Gray
01-04-2020, 11:45 AM
Hope you have a couple of friends to help you get it into the shop.... That is a heavy duty lathe....

robo hippy