PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes the simplest solution.........

John Ziebron
01-01-2020, 12:10 PM
may take years to come to us, unfortunately. I'm guessing that many of you, like me, use Johnson's Paste Wax on our hand and power tools. I can't remember how many years I've had the can I'm using now but it seems most of the time I have to hunt around for a screwdriver or similar item to open it. Maybe it's the new year but the tool-less solution came to me today.

Jim Koepke
01-01-2020, 3:08 PM
That looks like an interesting way to go about turning it into an easy open can.

I can't remember how many years I've had the can I'm using now but it seems most of the time I have to hunt around for a screwdriver or similar item to open it.

My can is from when the wax had an opaque appearance instead of the current clear look.

There is almost always a screwdriver within easy reach in my shop.

jtk

Jim Koepke
01-01-2020, 3:10 PM
Not sure why this got moved, many neanders use Johnson's Paste Wax.

Do the new cans have a lever on the cap to open the cans or is that an older artifact?

jtk

David Eisenhauer
01-01-2020, 3:31 PM
Good one John. I too somehow never have a screwdriver anywhere near my can of Johnson's. And then there is the automatic snap-the-lid-back-on-the-can-after-every-single-use action when I need to reopen it again 13 sec later.

Ron Citerone
01-01-2020, 3:34 PM
Nice! I like it!

Jim Becker
01-01-2020, 4:37 PM
Not sure why this got moved, many neanders use Johnson's Paste Wax.

It was in OT...

John Ziebron
01-01-2020, 11:13 PM
I posted this in OT because I somehow always had the impression that true Neanderthals wouldn't look at this category because it contains the words "power tools" and I know some of them use this wax.:D

Jim, the newer wax is clear? Mine looks like beeswax and is at least 25 years old.