PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
12-29-2019, 10:54 PM
30 Dec 2019

Greetings,
It’s been a long week and I’m glad that my oncall is ending soon. I still have not finished the dining table project as my spray equipment is old and I discovered my guns as non-working. I ordered a 3M PPS gun and setup and just got that in yesterday. My hope is to have the clear coat work done this week.

That’s it for me, so what did you do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all and Happy New Year just a tad early.

Lisa Starr
12-30-2019, 5:52 AM
Dennis - glad you're coming off on on call soon. That has to be brutal.

I planned and started work on a storage cabinet for my son's bathroom. We replaced the bathtub with a shower in his mobile home a year ago, and he's been deciding what to do with the space gained. Now, he wants to sell, and he needs to wrap up the bathroom project. Hopefully, I'll get the face frame produced early this week and then get the finish applied to the whole cabinet this week. Next weekend is when we plan to install.

Rod Sheridan
12-30-2019, 7:27 AM
Does taking down the dust collection ducting and conduit so you can paint the concrete wall constitute an accomplishment or indicate stupidity in not painting before the original installation?

Regards, Rod

Frederick Skelly
12-30-2019, 8:05 AM
Does taking down the dust collection ducting and conduit so you can paint the concrete wall constitute an accomplishment or indicate stupidity in not painting before the original installation?

Regards, Rod

I'll bet the new paint looks good, so with luck it was worth all the pain.

Paul F Franklin
12-30-2019, 10:10 AM
Finished the mantel project (pics in another thread). Next real project will be desks, files, and bookcases for our home office, but while designing all that I will work on two shop projects: a new router table and some drawers for under my bench. Before all that, however, will be a day or two of cleaning and sharpening to clean up after the last project.

Rod, I still have one wall of my basement shop that isn't painted, so don't feel bad. It's behind a row of metal shelving that's not on wheels (mistake #1) and loaded with heavy stuff. I kick myself for not painting it before moving the stuff there, but who wants to do that when there a shop to set up and fun stuff to build!

Happy New Year All!

Jim Becker
12-30-2019, 10:29 AM
Dennis, you'll enjoy that new gun as well as being "off on-call". :)

Quiet week due to the holiday and lack of motivation. LOL I did do my good deed of the month and cut out this cow for a middle-school play that a friend is directing. :)

Charles Taylor
12-30-2019, 11:38 AM
I'm still trying to drag a bed frame project kicking and screaming across the finish line. I wrapped up the finishing on the headboard and footboard and milled material for side rails. Next weekend, weather cooperating, is when I've semi-committed to deliver it.

Due to the schedules of a scattered family, Christmas events spanned from Christmas Day to yesterday evening. I put the smoker to good use for a small meal the evening of the 25th and for the main event yesterday when everyone was finally able to have dinner together. Prime rib roast...yummy.