PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend some bluetooth hearing protection

Günter VögelBerg
12-28-2019, 9:29 AM
I am on my third pair of 3m worktunes. The first one stopped charging and the second has a hum in one channel. I dont need FM--just bluetooth. I prefer over-ear but am open to in-ear. Budget, say, under 150$ or so. Thoughts?

Steve Eure
12-28-2019, 11:38 AM
Check out IsoTunes. They are ear bud with Bluetooth capabilities. I'm really not a fan of ear buds myself, but have never tried these. Those that have, rave over them. Cost is approximately $89 and under.

Tony Latham
12-28-2019, 12:17 PM
I'm a big fan of SoundPeats True-Wireless. $30 on the big A.

They reduce the background decibels but not enough for running something really noisy like a planer.

T

Roger Feeley
12-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Tell me,

if I’m listening to FM radio and there’s an incoming call, what do worktunes do? Last time I investigated, all the did was mute the radio. I would like a better notification.

Günter VögelBerg
12-28-2019, 1:28 PM
Tell me,

if I’m listening to FM radio and there’s an incoming call, what do worktunes do? Last time I investigated, all the did was mute the radio. I would like a better notification.

Not sure. Mine do not have the microphone. I just use them to listen to the bluetooth gizmo connected to my stereo receiver.

Rege Sullivan
12-28-2019, 1:41 PM
I have a few different brand and type but the ISO Tunes bluetooth earbuds are my favorite. You can check April Wilkerson's You Tube site for discounts and maybe save a couple bucks if you want to try them.

Benjimin Young
12-28-2019, 1:59 PM
I see a few members have already recommended ISO Tunes so just to add a little, have read a lot about ISO Tunes earbuds and they are being marketed directly to woodwork shops so maybe a good choice. Also, if I understand the specs they have noise cancelling feature as opposed to just passive protection.

Gary Petersen
12-28-2019, 2:06 PM
I have had a pair of ISOTunes Pro Bluetooth ear buds for a year and a half and love them. I rarely have my mobile phone with me in my shop so I've never connected the two but I use them both as standalone hearing protection and while connected to my MP3 player. I leave it setting on a shelf in my 30x50 shop and have never wandered out of range.

David Utterback
12-28-2019, 2:38 PM
IsoTunes pro has been my go to for the past 4 years. The company stands behind there products and the staff are a real delight to work with. I just upgraded to the 2.0 which is worth extra money.

The most effective hearing protection I have found, though, is the SensGard. No batteries needed and provides over 30 dB sound reduction.

Günter VögelBerg
12-28-2019, 6:16 PM
Thanks, guys. I bought the iso tunes.