PDA

View Full Version : FYI Carter Stabilizer for Rikon 10-326

Paul Ruud
12-28-2019, 5:58 AM
The Carter Stabilizer is now available for the Rikon 10-326. See the Rikon 2-RIK2 (https://www.carterproducts.com/band-saw-products/band-saw-stabilizer/rikon-2-rik1). This model is described as for an 18" Rikon BS but in the notes it says "Will also fit model 10-326 14" Rikon Deluxe." This was pointed out to me by Rod Burrow at Rikon, who worked with the Carter engineer directly on this project. His response to my question is an example of excellent customer service.

This is my first post. I am not much of a poster so you won't hear from me often. Let me say here that this online community has been a tremendous help to me and I am very grateful to you all.

--Paul

Frederick Skelly
12-28-2019, 8:12 AM
Thanks for the infornation Paul.
Welcome to the Forum. We're glad you've joined us!
Fred

Steve Eure
12-28-2019, 8:17 AM
Paul, I have the 10-325 band saw with the upgraded guide system, (same as the 10-326). Do you know if this one will work on my saw? That is why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Carter Stabilizer. I suppose I could do as you did and call them.

Paul Ruud
12-28-2019, 1:59 PM
Paul, I have the 10-325 band saw with the upgraded guide system, (same as the 10-326). Do you know if this one will work on my saw? That is why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Carter Stabilizer. I suppose I could do as you did and call them.

Steve, I do not know. I got an answer very quickly to a message I submitted through the Rikon website. I suggest you try that. It seemed like my message got to the right person straightaway. --Paul

Brian Tymchak
12-29-2019, 11:10 AM
Paul, thanks for posting. Is the idea to swap the stabilizer in and out with the traditional guides when you change from scroll-type sawing to resaw?

Paul Ruud
12-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Paul, thanks for posting. Is the idea to swap the stabilizer in and out with the traditional guides when you change from scroll-type sawing to resaw?

Brian, that's right. And you don't use the lower guides at all when you are using the stabilizer for scroll-type sawing.