PDA

View Full Version : Marking Knife Update

John Bailey
12-19-2005, 8:43 PM
I got into the shop today and used the marking knife that John Hart made for me. All I can say is that it works great. It has a hefty feel to it, so that it is easier to cut a line, it looks beautiful, and just brings an elegance to the workshop that encourages me to be more accurate. Thanks again John.

I've included a picture of the evolution of my marking devices. There will probably still be a use for the pencil, and I can see where a flat surface, like the kitchen knife may come in handy at times, but the new marking knife will be the "go to" tool from now on.

By the way, I mentioned to John that I may flatten a side to stop it from rolling. While I was showing it off around a table to my friends, it tended to roll. In the shop, however, where my workbench is level, I didn't have that problem. It stayed where I put it.

John

Keith Burns
12-19-2005, 8:55 PM
John B. you are one lucky and , I'm sure, deserving guy !:) :) John H. is one heck of a guy:) :) .

John Hart
12-20-2005, 7:30 PM
Hey cool John!!! I guess I missed this thread somehow.:o I'm pleased that it's working out! Now if I can get all the different styles in my head and on the lathe...I'll be set. Kinda stuck in flat land til I get these Christmas presents done. :) :) :)

Bill Stevener
12-20-2005, 7:50 PM
Really nice John, and really-really nice of John. Sounds like I'm repeating myself.:confused:

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>:)