PDA

View Full Version : Excellent price on Besseys at timberlinetools

Marc Langille
12-19-2005, 7:24 PM
I just bought 4 Bessey 60" clamps for $113 :eek: (includes shipping), with the shipping price at $1 on all orders... sweet deal if you need some clamps.:D:D:D:D

They have the monster sizes for cheap too - the 82" version is only $33.99 per clamp... now I guess I would have to build something pretty big for that bar length!!!:p

Steve Clardy
12-19-2005, 8:26 PM
Yes. Great prices. I'm clamp poor at the moment.:rolleyes: :)

Tony Sade
12-19-2005, 9:35 PM
Great price-I've been waiting to find some of the 82" inch clamps at the right price and this deal is it. Thanks for the heads up.

Martin Shupe
12-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Great price-I've been waiting to find some of the 82" inch clamps at the right price and this deal is it. Thanks for the heads up.

Don't get the 82's! Go for the 98's!!! I bought 4 after using them at Kelly Mehler's on a long table project. I paid $60 each from Amazon last summer, I guess I should have waited. Only downside is you need a tall ceiling or you need to store them on the floor.

Dave Avery
12-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Don't get the 82's! Go for the 98's!!! I bought 4 after using them at Kelly Mehler's on a long table project. I paid $60 each from Amazon last summer, I guess I should have waited. Only downside is you need a tall ceiling or you need to store them on the floor.

Thanks Marc - and Martin. Thought I was all set on clamps, but 4 98" Bessey's delivered to my door for less than $150 is a screaming deal. All the best. Dave.

Alden Miller
12-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Mike Gabbay told me about this sale last week. They are even cheaper than Amazon. Had to pick up four more of the 40" clamps. Now I am looking for the UPS truck...

-Alden

Gary Herrmann
12-19-2005, 11:12 PM
I've been thinking about doors, and this price makes it too good to pass up. Maybe I'll screw some ply to the joists and hang them from the ceiling in the basement...

Might be good for a wall length entertainment center too. OK, now I know I'm rationalizing the purchase...

Jeff Watson
12-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Every time I think the deals are done for the year, another one pops up. My wife is going to kill me. Seriously, how often do you use a 98" k-body? Is it one of those tools that you don't appreciate until you have a situation for it? MUST RESIST, already have a number of k-body clamps.:mad:

Anthony Anderson
12-20-2005, 1:23 AM
Just had a situation about two weeks ago where I needed the 98s. I have the 82" clamps and they were about 2" too short. Wish I had bought the 98s. You don't use them very often, but when you do they are nice. I would love to have a bunch of 24s and 31s. I just bought my first Besseys from Amazon, and I do not know how I accurately glued anything up before these clamps. I love them. Later, Bill

Chris McKimson
12-20-2005, 2:24 AM
Thanks Marc for the heads up. In for eight of the 60 inchers.

Chris

Marc Langille
12-20-2005, 1:16 PM

They're only $35.20 each.... :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Martin: Now I can see why the longer lengths are useful, such as for big tabletops... ;)

LOML thought it was kind of strange that I wanted some more clamps for Christmas...:confused: Now I am going to buy some longer ones.... :D

Barry O'Mahony
12-20-2005, 2:12 PM
I think Bessey made a large number of these to support the sales many places had in October for Bessey's 25th anniversery. I bought 8 clamps from Lee Valley for what was a verry good price; but it looks like Bessey had a bunch of inventory left over that is now being offered at some outlets at even better prices! I was at the local Rockler a while back and they had just received a shipment of a few pallet's worth of K-Body's.

Marc Langille
12-20-2005, 6:34 PM
I think Bessey made a large number of these to support the sales many places had in October for Bessey's 25th anniversery. I bought 8 clamps from Lee Valley for what was a verry good price; but it looks like Bessey had a bunch of inventory left over that is now being offered at some outlets at even better prices! I was at the local Rockler a while back and they had just received a shipment of a few pallet's worth of K-Body's.

I too ordered some of the LV when they had the deal - and I just ordered 4 of the 98's from Timberlinetools - sahweeeeeeet...:D:D:D:D

Richard Blaine
12-21-2005, 1:08 AM
It looks like the gig is up at Timberline. I was going to order a four of those 98's tonight, but they're back up to $66.81.

Oh well, for that price, I'll stick with pipe clamps. There's just no way I can justify $250+ for clamps that I'll use occasionally. Better to spend that kind of money on a toy that I'll you more frequently.

At least, I got some 31's, 40's, and 50's for 40% off + free shipping last month. I'll use them a lot more.

Vaughn McMillan
12-21-2005, 4:26 AM
I must have just gotten in under the wire when I ordered late Sunday night. (Monday morning, by most standards.) Got the small door set (two 40" and two 24" K-Body clamps, and the little corner holder thingamajigs for less than $100, shipped. Don't really have the room or the immediate need for the longer ones, but I can put these four short to mid-sized guys to use immediately. Man, SMC is costing me a lot of money lately. ;)

- Vaughn

Gary Herrmann
12-23-2005, 10:48 AM
I got an email last night. Apparently, I have 45lbs of kbodys en route.

Jeff Watson
12-23-2005, 3:38 PM
Well I was the last one to get the 98". Ordered 4 but they ran out at 3, so now I have an odd number of clamps.:o Things are out of equalibrium, what am I going to do?

Vaughn McMillan
12-23-2005, 5:32 PM
Got a note a day or so ago saying the small door clamp kit I ordered (two 24" and two 40") was out of stock, so they are substituting the large door kit (two 50" clamps instead of the two 40" ones), at no extra cost to me. (And it was already on its way by the time I saw the e-mail.) The 40" would have been a handier size for my current stuff, but I'm not about to complain about the substitution. ;)

I must say I'm impressed with Timberline Tools and their customer service. I'll be going back to give them more business.

- Vaughn

Mark Rios
12-23-2005, 7:29 PM
FYI to all....I called amazon at their price match number (Tool Crib) and they are matching the timberline prices plus taking off 10% of the difference. I ended up getting 2 of the 2450 large door sets for under $95 each. Give a call and see what happens.:D

Alden Miller
12-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Well I'm not impressed!

I gave Timberline Woodworkers Supply a call in the middle of last week to check on my order. It had been twice the length of time they said it would take to get to me. They asked what I ordered, what the order number was and what my phone number was. They said they would look into it and call me back (a little strange I thought since I did order this off their website, thought they might have a computer to look it up on).

I received two emails from them Christmas Eve. One said my credit card had received a partial refund. The second said my order was canceled because they had discontinued the Bessey K 540's. I checked my bank account and haven't received a credit. Now I have to call and find out where my money is because I'm not getting any clamps.

This was my first and definitely last interaction with this retailer.

-Alden

David Wood
12-27-2005, 1:39 PM
I ordered a Makita SCMS from Timberline and had a similiar problem. Once I found that they were being dishonest, I cancelled the order and got my $$ back.

Gary Herrmann
12-27-2005, 2:37 PM
I called Timberline an hour ago to check on the status of my order (I ordered on Dec 19). They said the internet guy would call me back.

20 minutes ago I took the dogs outside just in time to see the DHL guy driving away. Laying in my driveway were the kbodys I ordered - including the 98s.

Mark Rios
12-28-2005, 5:19 PM
WOOOOHOOOOO, My clamps came today. From amazon but price matched with timberline. I got two sets of the 2450 kits. These are great and very impressive clamps. Thanks to all who helped me with info about them.

ooooohhhhhh, I feel like a little better woodworker now.

:D

Chris McKimson
12-28-2005, 5:42 PM
I ordered eight of the 60 inchers. My clamps were shipped in a timely mannor and I received the eight clamps yesterday without a problem. :)

Could be they got alot more orders that expected and are trying to do the best they can with the orders they can't fill.

Chris

Richard Mullin
12-28-2005, 5:56 PM
I ordered eight 60" k-bodies at 4 pm on 23 December. At 8 pm I got two e-mail notifications (two packages) from DHL that the clamps were on the way, and would be delivered on Friday, 30 December. Today, DHL delivered my clamps 2 days ahead of schedule. I am positively impressed, and would do business with Timberlinetools.com

Jeff Watson
12-30-2005, 5:55 AM
I was the last one to get the 98" k-bodies. Ordered 4 and they ran out at 3. Got them today, the heads were very well packed. Great deal. Fast shipping, coming all the way from Utah. I would definately buy from them again.