PDA

View Full Version : SCORE!! and possible deal alert - Tailstock swing away

Ricc Havens
12-23-2019, 11:37 AM
Been looking for a tailstock swing away for my Powermatic 3520B. Most sites (Amazon, Woodcraft, Craft Supplies, etc) sell it for $299 plus shipping. Just too much out of mu budget. Kept doing a random google search every few weeks. CPO tools has the same item for $142.52 and no shipping charges.

Below is a photo my shopping cart billing screen. I received an order confirmation email so we will see if it's a real deal or if they cancel the order claiming computer error or some other excuse.

Thought I'd post the deal here in case someone else wants to try and score one.

Ricc

Bob Coates
12-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Took some searching, but found it in there outlet site. You should be good on getting it.

Bob

Steve Nix
12-23-2019, 1:57 PM
You must have got the last one, they’re showing out of stock now.

Ricc Havens
12-23-2019, 4:41 PM
You must have got the last one, they’re showing out of stock now.

Bummer! I was hoping others could get the same deal. Check back from time to time to see if by slim chance it becomes available again.

John K Jordan
12-23-2019, 6:30 PM
Bummer! I was hoping others could get the same deal. Check back from time to time to see if by slim chance it becomes available again.

There's an option on their web page to receive an email notification when they are in stock again.

I'd like to have one but thought I couldn't use it with the bed extension. Then I remembered I could move the bed extension to the headstock end.

JKJ

Charlie Stickney
12-23-2019, 7:00 PM
John, and anyone that has the bed extension on their 3520,
Go to https://mustardmonster.weebly.com/, click enter, tailstock, tips, scroll to Charlie, Raleigh, NC and you will see what I did for my tailstock swingaway. It only uses wasted space under the bed extension. Some scrap maple, MDF and $7 for a pair of heavy duty hinges. Requires about 15 seconds to raise or lower.

Bill Bukovec
12-23-2019, 11:02 PM
Charlie, thanks for the link. I don't have a 3520, but I see one in my future!