PDA

View Full Version : Best source for Nordfab ducting

Jeff Monson
12-20-2019, 10:49 AM
Happy holidays first off. My question is where is the best place to purchase Nordfab ducting? I'm in a new shop FINALLY!! and getting my machines in place. I'm positive I will be re configuring my machines until I can find a sweet spot so this time I'm going with something that can be changed quickly. I know its expensive but I'm fine with that, just looking for the best price, quick shipping and selection. Thanks

Jim Becker
12-20-2019, 10:54 AM
Grizzly and Oneida are the only two places I've acquired Nordfab from but there certainly are others that have been mentioned previously.

Peter Kelly
12-20-2019, 12:07 PM
https://blastgateco.com/Clamp-Together/CT-Pipe-Fittings.php

Not Nordfab but just as nice and slightly less expensive. Blastgate Co will also custom fabricate clamp together fittings if you need something unusual.

Jeff Monson
12-20-2019, 12:38 PM
https://blastgateco.com/Clamp-Together/CT-Pipe-Fittings.php

Not Nordfab but just as nice and slightly less expensive. Blastgate Co will also custom fabricate clamp together fittings if you need something unusual.

Thanks Peter, is this compatible with nordfab? I see Grizzley sells a snap lock pipe also and I'm assuming theirs is Nordfab.

Anthony Spotorno
12-20-2019, 1:35 PM
I just bought some misc parts to add to my nordfab system from them and they were great. Everything came well packaged and perfect fit. Will do business with them again!

David Davies
12-20-2019, 4:08 PM
You can try www.zoro.com . If you sign up for emails they'll often send you discount codes.
Thanks,
Dave

Jim Becker
12-20-2019, 4:48 PM
I see Grizzley sells a snap lock pipe also and I'm assuming theirs is Nordfab.

Snap-lock and Nordab are different animals. Griz calls their clamp together "Industrial Pipe" it seems.

Jeff Monson
12-20-2019, 5:16 PM
Snap-lock and Nordab are different animals. Griz calls their clamp together "Industrial Pipe" it seems.

Ok Jim, so best advice is buy it all from one place? The blast gate prices are by far the best I have seen so far. So I'm going to assume their stuff wont interchange with Nordfab or Grizzley?

Peter Kelly
12-20-2019, 5:34 PM
Thanks Peter, is this compatible with nordfab? I see Grizzley sells a snap lock pipe also and I'm assuming theirs is Nordfab.I've never tried mixing them together but think the specs are the same. I'd call Blastgate Co to confirm, their customer service is great.

Patrick Walsh
12-21-2019, 7:40 AM
Jeff,

I started buying nordfab form grizzly.

I then found blastgate and have been buying form them for at least a few years. They are great. Everything packed well, ships and arrives fast and they answer the phone.

I have found it to interchange with actual nordfab. Actually blast gate pipe clamps are much nicer as they have a feature so you can tighten and loosen the clamp itself.

Have fun!

Jim Becker
12-21-2019, 9:38 AM
Ok Jim, so best advice is buy it all from one place? The blast gate prices are by far the best I have seen so far. So I'm going to assume their stuff wont interchange with Nordfab or Grizzley?
I have parts from both Oneida and Grizzly and they interchange. I was just pointing out that snap-loc (HVAC pipe) isn't the same animal. The clamp-together (Nordfab) is much heavier. There are adapters to move between the two systems, of course...which is what I happen to use because my duct work was originally installed with 26g snap-loc and I use the Nordfab/Grizzly components for quick disconnects on overhead drops for my CNC, router table and drum sander.

Dan Coker
12-24-2019, 5:36 AM
The Blast Gate Co has the best online prices of spiral pipe and fittings. I use standard HVAC pipe on my 5HP dust collector but haven’t finished the trunk line on my other 10hp unit. I plan to use heavier gauge HVAC pipe. Spiral pipe is best but I don’t have $7,000 to drop on my shop’s D/c lines. The absolute best way to do this for the cheapest amount of money is to use spiral pipe and get it locally. It’s just as good as Norfab, or Grizz or The Blast Gate Co but you save a ton on shipping. Even if your local HVAC Company has to order it they won’t charge you shipping. If you buy online take your overall price on this stuff then double it and that will pretty much be your shipping price.

Tom Dixon
12-24-2019, 7:39 AM
The Blast Gate Co has the best online prices of spiral pipe and fittings. I use standard HVAC pipe on my 5HP dust collector but haven’t finished the trunk line on my other 10hp unit. I plan to use heavier gauge HVAC pipe. Spiral pipe is best but I don’t have $7,000 to drop on my shop’s D/c lines. The absolute best way to do this for the cheapest amount of money is to use spiral pipe and get it locally. It’s just as good as Norfab, or Grizz or The Blast Gate Co but you save a ton on shipping. Even if your local HVAC Company has to order it they won’t charge you shipping. If you buy online take your overall price on this stuff then double it and that will pretty much be your shipping price.

Some folks like me don't have a local source for spiral pipe. When I ordered everything I needed from blastgate.com I asked the rep Dan to quote me their best price. He quoted me approximately 10% lower than the web site pricing of a little over $2,800. For 26 5' sections of 6" spiral pipe and 4 5' sections of 8" spiral pipe plus all my fittings the freight was around $250, so all in all including shipping added in, my cost was less than the published web site price. Don't assume buying local will get you the best price. Always get quotes and compare. Also of note is The Blast Gate Co will let you return unused fittings.

Jim Becker
12-24-2019, 10:01 AM
Folks who choose Nordfab or similar do so for the specific attribute that it brings to the table...instant reconfiguration with it's clamp together design. They are willing to pay for that flexibility because they find value in it for their own situation. It's a subjective thing. One can also embrace it partially...constructing the major duct structure with spiral, snap-lock or even PVC if they want and then using the Nordfab type components for drops that they want to be easily reconfigurable. Were I doing a new system today, I'd probably do spiral for the majority with Nordfab at the ends for easy, but well sealed quick disconnects. As I've mentioned previously, I use Nordfab connections for a few overhead drops. Tom's advise of getting actual quotes is sound...displayed component prices are not necessarily what you are going to pay for a more comprehensive order from most suppliers.

Mike Heidrick
12-26-2019, 11:52 AM
Love Nordfab. I mostly buy mine used. Been pretty lucky in finding what I need. I am patient too. Thanks for the link to blastgateco.com - I need a few blast gates and they are much cheaper there.