PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Table Layout DXF with sled

Chris DeGerolamo
12-19-2019, 10:06 AM
I have been wanting to share this for a while but I'm not getting any slower in load so I just had to make the time. The attached ZIP/DXF is the pin layout for [y]our fiber with a simple sled design to help while fixturing. I made the sled from 1/4" ply on our CO2, in conjunction with some M6 screws and it's made life a whole lot easier. (I was intentional on not purchasing and XY table so I designed this instead.)

The dot in the table field I use to indicate laser 0,0 - this is important to move if you use this file for your laser! When I design a fixture in CAD, I center the design about the laser origin so I get the best result. Placing the fixture design over top the fiber holes gives me a very fast, no fuss method to cut a fixture. Make sense? Hopefully...maybe I just need more coffee.

The gray box is 150mm x 150mm for field reference.

Summation: the sled should help index parts without creating a fixture. The table layout should aid in fixture design.

Let me know your thoughts. I hope this helps you all; I have wanted to give back a bit for all the learning I have done from folks like you.

Trey Tull
12-19-2019, 8:48 PM
possible to screen shot it or convert to .ai?

Chris DeGerolamo
12-20-2019, 8:03 AM
possible to screen shot it or convert to .ai?421854

The attached ZIP is AI. Let me know if it works for you.

Trey Tull
12-20-2019, 11:24 AM
I was able to open the file but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking at.

Chris DeGerolamo
12-20-2019, 12:24 PM
The parts on the bottom are a simple design for aligning parts, making sure they are square etc. without using a fixture necessarily. I know the dog tag pictured below is square because the sled is square; it'll slide in the Y axis where ever I need it to.

Another example, not shared due to NDA, would be a fuel pump body I mark (big anodized Al block). I focus the head, red dot my design and align my sled accordingly... takes no time at all to index. Rip out 100, 200 parts etc, all indexed the same.

I included the screw hole layout to aid in fixture design. My process is for this was scan the part > drop scan into Autocad > design fixture over top bed layout > import DWG to Corel Draw > cut on CO2 > transfer to Fiber and use DWG/DXF of fixture to start the EZCAD file.

Note how my design overlays the bed almost dead center, aiding my process greatly. I may need to adjust my art a mm at most to match my fixture.

John Lifer
12-20-2019, 1:51 PM
I like jigs. I have the X Y table the Chinese sell with these things, and almost all the time I center the artwork and move the table to get it in place. Even with my 16 pc and 8 piece jigs I just use the x y to move the parts/jig.